• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800gt clock frequencies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stahlin

Registered
Hello all. Been awhile since i posted but here goes!

Running a 7800gt and was running great. Now i cant seem to run cod2 or any other newer game for more than 30 minutes before i get game freezes and Screen distortions. I looked at temps and seen it running 90+c.. I downloaded coolbits and checked out frequencies and it showed core/491, and memory 2.2ghz. when searching online i seen that most peoples o/c of the card reached 465/600x2 i worried that mine somehow is running too fast for its own good. Can anyone verify that im not seeing this wrong and that the 2.2ghz for memory is 1.1X2 and that its a bit too high? I cant remember any time (few drunken nights) that i o/ced that card. frustrating....Looking forward to your input to set this straight

stahlin said:
Hello all. Been awhile since i posted but here goes!

Running a 7800gt and was running great. Now i cant seem to run cod2 or any other newer game for more than 30 minutes before i get game freezes and Screen distortions. I looked at temps and seen it running 90+c.. I downloaded coolbits and checked out frequencies and it showed core/491, and memory 2.2ghz. when searching online i seen that most peoples o/c of the card reached 465/600x2 i worried that mine somehow is running too fast for its own good. Can anyone verify that im not seeing this wrong and that the 2.2ghz for memory is 1.1X2 and that its a bit too high? I cant remember any time (few drunken nights) that i o/ced that card. frustrating....Looking forward to your input to set this straight

490 core is when mine starts messing up. The "2200" memory clock is actually 1100mhz, you forgot to take the multiplier out, mine runs at 1200 and it is just on the line of artifacting. On your cooling, are you running stock? If you are, swap that thing out!! Mine runs MAX of 45c when oc 470/1200...just for reference.

Back