• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gs sli power requirements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lahire149

I have a 520w (+12V 33A) OCZ Powerstream non-sli version. The SLI version have +12V1 (20A) and +12V2 (18A). And I was wondering if I just used a dongle adapter if my psu would be able to cope with SLI 7900gs. I've read that a single 7900gs uses 22A but in SLI the requirements is only 28A.

Does this sound correct to you? Will my PSU's amperage be enough to work?

Last edited:
lahire149 said:
I have a 520w (+12V 33A) OCZ Powerstream non-sli version. The SLI version have +12V1 (20A) and +12V2 (18A). And I was wondering if I just used a dongle adapter if my psu would be able to cope with SLI 7900gs. I've read that a single 7900gs uses 22A but in SLI the requirements is only 28A.

Well this question is right up my ally..... YES< it will work..... however.... If you are running a lot of fans I would suggest upgrading... I am using a 500w raidmax with only 25A presently and getting great results.... however... I am going to upgrade my PSU this week for a dual rail SLI version and I should be able to get much better OC's......

Hope that helps......:beer:

lahire149 said:

The amperage rating is for a whole system. It should handle that setup.

Back