• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gtx cooling help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

Well i stupidly ditched my stock 7900gtx cooler and have a arctic nv5 rev 3 on there, and its not cutting it. The ram isnt covered completely and I dont think it makes good contact overall..I get slight artificating in desktop and games even at stock speeds. What do you guys think would be the best aftermarket cooling solution compatible with the 7900gtx??

seer33 said:
Well i stupidly ditched my stock 7900gtx cooler and have a arctic nv5 rev 3 on there, and its not cutting it. The ram isnt covered completely and I dont think it makes good contact overall..I get slight artificating in desktop and games even at stock speeds. What do you guys think would be the best aftermarket cooling solution compatible with the 7900gtx??
nothing but good reviews on this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118001

i dont understand why you would take that stock cooler off, for once both companies have supplied coolers that cannot be beaten by 3rd parties and cool more than sufficiently, if anything you raised your temps substanially by putting that thing on it. Not to mention those coolers are junk.

Rattle said:
Not to mention those coolers are junk.

The NVSilencer series exhausts the hot air out of the case, the stock cooler recycles it into the case. You can see a very big difference in temps because of this. So I think 'junk' might be a little harsh.

Junk may be a bit harsh but they still arent the best choice. I would buy a Zalman over one of those any day. Now if you are looking for quiet then thats when the NVSilencer comes into play.

Yea if I could re purchase a stock cooler I definitely would..i was running 710/880 with the stock cooler no problem...and your right, temps did get raised...with the stock cooler it was idling 35c...now its around 40. Like I said give me a link to a stock cooler for sale and I'm all over, I no longer have mine..damn that zalman is pricey, anyone have experience with the zalman 900 on there 7900gtx?

well the silencer isn;t 100% compatible, sure it fits great, but some of the ram isn't being cooled...like a 1/3rd of some of the ram chips aren uncovered which cant be the best...I also might up put too much AS5 on the core, but I;ll worry about reseating all that once I get an effecient cooling solution.

i stand by what I said they are junk, zalman are way better, if you have good case temps and flow it doesnt matter if the gpu blows out of the case.

the silencer is junk your saying? It worked wonders for my old 7800gtx...but isnt cutting it with an incompatible card (go figure) so is the vf700 compatible with the 7900gtx? or is the 900 the only one rated to work on it

wtf the 7800gtx coolers are garbage, lol I need a 7900gtx cooler

Back