• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

790fx-gd70 NB/SB/Mosfet heatsink needs a fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majik73

I have a MSI 790gx-gd70 MB which was reporting in speedfan high temps from the northbridge of 76c and above (the heatsink is shared with the NB, SB and mosfet chipsets) so I did some research and found out that MSI uses really bad TIM so I removed the heatsink and cleaned the old TIM off and applied some OCZ which fixed the problem and drooped it down by like 20c. So here is my question now, I want to attach a few fans to the NB/SB/mosfet heatsinks without it looking tacky like string & zipties would do or marring the heatsink like screws would just in case I happen to have to RMA it. I was thinking thermal double sided tape. Is this a good idea? I dont know if at what temps, if any, that the tape breaks down. If this IS a good idea is there particular brand/type that I should get? Thanks in advance.

I've was thinking about those but with the Corsair h50 and the Radeon 5870 in crossfire there really isnt enough room for the antec spotcool in there.

Back