• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950x3d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok see the moment of asus my intention was to buy with a rate the asus x670e extreme but i don't know if is a good idea for the burnout cpu case so i go to msi x670e ace or gigabyte x670e master/extreme the alternative is asrock x670e taichi/taichi carrara for the ram i pick the 6000 and for the motherboard i see in this days!!!!

Last edited:
you going to run into the same thing across all board manufacturers with the voltage issue, its supposedly fixed in the latest AGESA update which is part of the bios and i am sure board partners are going to be quick with pushing it out.
I'm running my 7800x3d on a b650e taichi and i noticed it juiced up some voltages when i enabled XMP however i was paying attention and turned them down manually.
I am seeing reports about spikes now though as outlined here:
i'm sure its related at this point.

i see it as part of being an early adopter, sure it sucks but it seems like they are covering it under warranty. if you dont want to worry about this then wait till its fixed, it could be a few days or weeks. its always a risk with something new like this

you going to run into the same thing across all board manufacturers with the voltage issue, its supposedly fixed in the latest AGESA update which is part of the bios and i am sure board partners are going to be quick with pushing it out.
I'm running my 7800x3d on a b650e taichi and i noticed it juiced up some voltages when i enabled XMP however i was paying attention and turned them down manually.
I am seeing reports about spikes now though as outlined here:
i'm sure its related at this point.

i see it as part of being an early adopter, sure it sucks but it seems like they are covering it under warranty. if you dont want to worry about this then wait till its fixed, it could be a few days or weeks. its always a risk with something new like this
so you think that with the last bios asus msi gigabyte or asrock has resolved the burnout problem?So anyway the next week i have the two sk hynix p41 platinum!!!!!!

Last edited:
All you need to do is use the latest bios and double check the SOC voltage (should be 1.3V or less).
Post magically merged:

ok for the hdmi because i have see this 2 x USB4, support HDCP 2.3 and max. resolution up to 8K 60Hz* so i was in doubt!!!For the ram OLOY is a good brand?For the moment i have 1 27 monitor with 2 hdmi 2.0 and 1 dp 1.4 with hbr3 2k (2560x1440p) and in the future i want to change monitor!!!
In order to use the USB-4 video, you're going to have to buy a new plug or adapter to fit your current (and likely future) monitor. Whereas the other choice is to use hdmi. No adapter... no nothing. There is no benefit of using usb4 for video over hdmi. Since your (and most) monitor(s) doesn't have type-c as an input it doesn't make sense to use it. There's no benefits, only additional expense.

Oloy is fine. If you want to make 100% sure, see if it's on the memory compatibility list (mobo website).

Last edited:
All you need to do is use the latest bios and double check the SOC voltage (should be 1.3V or less).
Post magically merged:

In order to use the USB-4 video, you're going to have to buy a new plug or adapter to fit your current (and likely future) monitor. Whereas the other choice is to use hdmi. No adapter... no nothing. There is no benefit of using usb4 for video over hdmi. Since your (and most) monitor(s) doesn't have type-c as an input it doesn't make sense to use it. There's no benefits, only additional expense.
the 1410 if asus right?

No clue without looking at the website myself. The newest one. If this one doesn't set it to 1.3V or less, set it manually and wait for the next bios.
yes the diciture say so 1.30v the 1401 (beta) 1410 (new beta) in the bios or in the ryzen master?

Last edited:
Won't matter how you cool it if the voltage is set too high. Well I'm sure it would overheat on sub ambient, but the answer is to make sure the BIOS is set correctly and that you're using the latest version. Or, unless you have a need for the system right now, just wait a bit and buy later.

ok thanks @Zerileous i download the last bios for the motherboard that i need to buy and at the moment i buy the ram but at the moment what's the motherboard with no issue at the moment?

Last edited:
at the moment what's the motherboard with no issue at the moment?
Assume none.

It's not going to die in an instant regardless. When you get it, don't enable memory profiles and flash to the latest bios. Once flashed, enable memory profile and check SOC voltage if it's 1.3V or less, you're good.

Assume none.

It's not going to die in an instant regardless. When you get it, don't enable memory profiles and flash to the latest bios. Once flashed, enable memory profile and check SOC voltage if it's 1.3V or less, you're good.
ok i can enter in the bios too or when i enter in windows?

As the video and article people posted said, this only happens when you enable memory profiles. So long as you don't do that you're fine. But, again, they aren't going to die immediately if you don't.
i say when i flash the bios i can flash the new bios before i enter in windows?

sure question about m2 i have buy two nvme 1tb for os and 1 2tb for game are sk hynix p41 platinum and so ask is supported in the asus motherboard x670e?

Thanks but extreme or hero too?

Again, there's not one reason you mentioned so far that requires such expensive boards. You can spend half the money and get all you need. This is more money than sense purchase. With respect, you don't know the basics so why are you spending so much money on a motherboard that has features you likely won't ever use? Again, if it's just something you want, that's OK, but, you don't remotely need to pay $600+ for a motherboard.

Back