• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 7970 CF Water cooling Temp problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alegelos

CPU: 3770k (4.6ghz ~ temp al full load 65)
GPU: 7970 CF (stock 925mhz, no OC at all)

Pump mcp-35x
Radiator: Air Condition radiator (more than enought)
GPUs heatsink: EK VGA Supremacy

PROBLEM: when start any stress test in first GPU temp go up to 80-90 and crash. As you can se temp rush up up up as soon as test start.

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Mhh. Maybe it's a watercooled setup better for our watercooled forum?

AC radiator? Neat. Terrible flow rates. Serial paths.

Hmm, why don't you tell us a LOTTTT more.

Fill in the blanks.

Room temps.

Pump speeds.

Fans on the rad and exact with pics rads specs.

Fans used on rad.

Voltages for your overclock.

Pics of loop.

Idle temps after 30 min of running, don't forget to measure room temps.

Temps at start of P95 small FFTS AND Heaven benchmark running at the same time. 10 min into test what are your temps and after 30 minutes. Don't forget room temp measurement.

Then I can start to help you.

And I can prolly ask you 15 more questions, that's enuff for now.
Are the the blocks WRONG for your GPU? Or you have no flow rate through that odd rad. Not sure about the install on the GPU blocks, if you replaced the paste, did the thermal tape right. No idea yet.

Loop: Pump -> CPU -> GPU1 -> GPU2 -> Rad

Room temps: 23

Pump speeds: How do i know it on a MPC 35x?

Fans on the rad and exact with pics rads specs: working passive, unless stress test or gaming for long, then the huge fan starts spining (using the original fan that was in the Radiator). Radiator temps only get little warm after long stress.

Fans used on rad: ---

Voltages for your overclock: CPU 1.32mv, GPU none OC

Pics of loop: ---

Idle temps after 30 min of running: CPU: 32, GPU1: 34, Room temp 23

Temps at start of P95 small FFTS AND Heaven benchmark running at the same time. 10 min into test what are your temps and after 30 minutes: Cant test GPU it crash after 10 seconds? Temp rush up on GPU.

I believe i didn't screw enough the GPU EK supremacy screws. But i screw it all i can with my hand, i didn't want to force it.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

Problem SOLVED!! :) (full load temps 28-30)

Since i didn't not use the cooper shim, it did low/none contact with GPU chip. I change the black rubber mounting for the thin whites, and done. Contact problem solved.

Thanks all for the help! and of course i will be more than happy to receive advises on my first Water cooling loop :)

DSC_0055.jpg

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Back