• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8-pin ATX_12V doesnt match evga x58 LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The full 8 pins will fit just fine. As the Corsair support stated, the one half of the 4+4 is keyed differently for multiple variations. In your case, just plug the full 8 pin into the motherboard. The bevel cut pins are there for a different configuration, but they will fit into the square pins just fine. The connector is keyed differently, not pinned differently... there's a big difference.

The full 8 pins will fit just fine. As the Corsair support stated, the one half of the 4+4 is keyed differently for multiple variations. In your case, just plug the full 8 pin into the motherboard. The bevel cut pins are there for a different configuration, but they will fit into the square pins just fine. The connector is keyed differently, not pinned differently... there's a big difference.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i did some research on it i found out that the four pin is for cpu's that are not power hungry like a dual core. But since the core i7 eats 130 watt minimum at load, let alone if i OC it it should eat more so i should connect the entire 8 pin into the motherboard. Thanks for clearing this up, i was just worried you know wheter the round pins fits into square pin holes. But it should be fine hopefully.

And thanks for the reply's guys. Please understand my case i was realy affraid if i would screw things up you know. I saved a lot of money to buy this pc dont want to screw it up.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i did some research on it i found out that the four pin is for cpu's that are not power hungry like a dual core. But since the core i7 eats 130 watt minimum at load, let alone if i OC it it should eat more so i should connect the entire 8 pin into the motherboard. Thanks for clearing this up, i was just worried you know wheter the round pins fits into square pin holes. But it should be fine hopefully.
nope, the cpu has a 130watt TDP which is heat output. now see here
http://www.guru3d.com/article/intel-core-i7-920-and-965-review/18
now min for their test setup is 149watts. i would put money on it that i could get it lower in a different config, im sure no one would argue that(well maybe they would,who knows).

sorry, i feel like you ment to say cpu TDP not powerused. since we dont have hard number on how much power a i7 say 920 will draw at load. since current testing methods for power consumption looks at the whole rig. there i now way to accurately measure just cpu draw alone. as we need base numbers to go off of.

Back