• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800, 1000, 1200, 1500grit sandpaper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had the same problem with finding sand paper a while ago. I was directed to go to an auto parts store. (yes yes i know already said a thousand times) so anyways, i never thought to go to an auto parts store. Someone commented on the grit of the sand paper, i sanded to 1000Grit, and i feel like i couldve used even up to 1500 grit and have better results, anyways, having it lapped to 1000 grit has helped tremendously. now if only i could have some of that as5............................

Cheers!
-f1
:)

Last edited:
Here is the picture of the WW I lapped.
WW.jpg

Thank you Xtc4u for hosting the picture.

Last edited:
I used the sandpaper in the title in that order. What I believe to have made the difference was that I constantly rinsed the sandpaper and the waterblock off quite frequently. I would lap the block until I started to see the cooper residue, rinse off the sandpaper and the waterblock and start the process all over again. I should also mention that I ONLY went in one direction while lapping the block on a sheet of glass.

Actually, if you take your time, distribute the weight as evenly as possible as you lap, you should be fine. The key is to be patient and take your time don’t rush it. Also lapping on a sheet of glass helps out tremendously.

Back