• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800mhz c3 fanless?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nico3k

hi. i am in need of a very small computer that makes no noise AT ALL

i was looking at VIA's EPIA 800 Motherboard with onboard 800mhz C3 processor.

it says that the fan on it is required. is there any way i can get rid of it?.. ive heard people not even putting a heatsink on C3's and they run fine. can i just put a big copper heatsink on it with no fan? I need to stay above 600MHz, so the 533MHz model of the VIA wont work for me.

i figure, this computer cant have ANY noise (not even 1dB) so any moving parts are unacceptable. i already picked out a 500MB IDE flash hard drive.

anyone? thanks for all comments/suggestions...

no floppy/cdrom. it has a wireless network card to transfer data.
i have found a fanless powersupply.

sorry i can not say what it is for

why do i think this is a "hidden" server or something you are using to tap into someones network.

Yup, you don't need some huge heatsink with a C3. The stock cooler on the C3 is pretty small and it can run passively.

top2.jpg

aite thanks guys... so where do i get that heatsink? the stock one is very very small... looks like a chipset cooler.

this is the last part of me evil creation :mad: lol

this is what the board looks like:
miniITX_board.jpg

it says in big red writing that the fan is required.

so your saying just get that one heatsink slipknot posted?

Hmmm, how bout water cooling the C3? Too Drastic?:D:D:D

Oh, and be sure to bookmark this. The C3 gives out little more than on third the heat of a Celeron, so I wouldn't think you'd need a fan. :eh?:

do water-cooled pc's have NO FANS AT ALL - not even a psu fan? my c3 doesnt........

also since itsa a socket 370 you can use most h/s on it. try a volcano 7 h/s without a fan

TRUST ME YOU DONT NEED A FAN LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!! lol

edit : i only put that 120 there to cool - and because the aluminium fan looks great!:D

Well you do need Fans on the radiator if you're running a "regular" processor. With a VIA, I'm guessing, no, :D:D:D

Penguin4x4 said:
Well you do need Fans on the radiator if you're running a "regular" processor. With a VIA, I'm guessing, no, :D:D:D

lol
nah they are more than cool enough - even mine at 1.05ghz.

mmmm total silence. well except for the hdd. it is nice, though:)

Who's network are you hacking? I am asking because some German group hacked my father's webserver, and had a script running on it that ran an IRC server. My father noticed that that port had a large amount of traffic, and couldn't find it in the processes. They locked the port, and all ports they weren't using.

Back