• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm fan Cable Short..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WithOutNam3

What Curse is that??

My 80mm fan came its 3pin only fan i need it infront for intake but the cable its too short to make it to infront (of the case) wtf??

Basicaly i want to cool down my cpu...Should i remove the plastic funnel thats has on the side right infront of the cpu and place the fan to blow into the cpu??? (with this the cable gona fit well), or it screws the cpus air cycle by having the Case fan and the cpu fan blow in each other?

(Puted it here cause its colling material ;) ) btw i dont see a way making it fit there...the cable is too short to go infront....

If you guys need any pictures i can provide you with em. or any more information.

what other route you would suggest?? i like suggestions...and realy thinking about the funnel remove and replace it with fan...
i have 2 fans one 120mm (4pin) and one 80mm (3pin)
my mobo fits only one 3pin

Removing the funnel and using it as intake should be fine. The CPU fan (if you're using the stock fan) pulls air in and pushes it out from the sides, so they won't be conflicting with one another.

The funnel is to make sure that the CPU is pulling in air from outside the case and not using warm air from within, so if you have a case fan pulling air in on the side you don't need the funnel.

The fan you bought has no idea what your connection length is. You prolly bought a cheaper fan and it is too short. You walk down to the local wire/soldering iron/solder/heatshrink store and extend the wires. Or you buy a extender to make it work.

Youe modding the PC so if removing the tube works then use it, but now the fan needs to be mounted right on the CPU block for cooling I think. If the fan was on the case side.

Not sure. Haven't dealt with a case or cooler that uses 80mm fans in 7 years.

Post pics please.

if your psu has a molex plug you could try using one of these :attn:

4126624.jpg

Back