• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8150 + ASUS M5A88-M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BernardBlack

Registered
When oc'ing my 8150 and changing the CPU Voltage to, say, 1.36v @ 4.3GHZ do I need bother to change the Vcore setting in HW Power Management? There are options for; 3.3V, 5V, 12V and Ignore.

Also, is there a way to Completely disable the IGP? I use an XFX 9650, OC'd to 900mhz core and 1325 Memory but that IGP is cooking and not even being used! I've set the IGP speed from 700mhz to 200mhz (the lowest possible), turned UMA off, disabled IGP Boost technology and it's still being used! older mainboards use to have an option to disable them if I recall, typically under the "Onboard devices" section.

I'd also recommend you to read your board's manual. And study it! Until you can recite it! I don't know how to disable the IGP.

Now, those HW Power Management things are the voltage readings of the different voltages a computer has. They're usually +12V, -12V, +5V5, +3V3, and GND. If they're not stable / have a lot of ripple, they might render your computer unstable. Usually, if you have a nice PSU, you don't have to worry. You don't need to modify these.

Back