• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8300 & 8600 details

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting... and thx for the links as its hard to find ANY info on v/cards now-a-days before the release .:rolleyes:

Nice. I wandered over to the nVidia section to see if I could find some info on the 8600, and lo and behold, our members come through again. :) I could definitely go for a pair or 8600Us...mmmmm, me want......

Wait, just read it again, we have to wait until mid-march?!? *sigh* that's a long time...*makes feeble attempts to ward off the calls of the 8800GTS*

LoneWolf121188 said:
Nice. I wandered over to the nVidia section to see if I could find some info on the 8600, and lo and behold, our members come through again. :) I could definitely go for a pair or 8600Us...mmmmm, me want......

Wait, just read it again, we have to wait until mid-march?!? *sigh* that's a long time...*makes feeble attempts to ward off the calls of the 8800GTS*

The 8800gts is so smooth. You should really try one. :)

i've been holding out for something like the 8600 ultra. if these reports are right, it looks like even the lowly 8300 would wipe the floor with my 6800gt. *sigh*

Nice, I REALLY like the price point of that 8600 Ultra with 512mb. It's going to be a tossup between the 8800GTS and the 8600 Ultra for my new rig......

If I do decide to go with the 8600.....looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to upgrade.

ChinStrap said:
no, it's the isight on my work Imac - it's in mirror view right now... and for the life of me i can't figure out how to switch it back.:rolleyes:

*cough* cus its a mac *cough* :beer:

Lonewolf said:
Nice. I wandered over to the nVidia section to see if I could find some info on the 8600, and lo and behold, our members come through again. I could definitely go for a pair or 8600Us...mmmmm, me want......

you know you want a 8800gts... come one let thoes 4 benjamins slip out of ur wallet :santa:

and cool lil cards they are hopfully releasing... i can imagine even the lower versions would still woop upon the 7900gtx or latest and greatest ati.. what ever it is.

Burnout and nd4spdbh2: Oh, I know all about the 8800GTS's, I've actually got a BFG one sitting behind me right now. Problem is it's on loan and going back soon. :( But man, it was fun while it lasted! Doubled my 3DM06 score. :drool: The problem is I couldn't play FSX on two monitors without the frame rate dropping to 5, which is why I want two 8600Us instead of one 8800GTS. I finally optimized my copy for my system so now I'm getting ~20 fps, which is enough for me. BEAUTIFUL game when the textures and screen res are maxed.

LoneWolf121188 said:
Burnout and nd4spdbh2: Oh, I know all about the 8800GTS's, I've actually got a BFG one sitting behind me right now. Problem is it's on loan and going back soon. :( But man, it was fun while it lasted! Doubled my 3DM06 score. :drool: The problem is I couldn't play FSX on two monitors without the frame rate dropping to 5, which is why I want two 8600Us instead of one 8800GTS. I finally optimized my copy for my system so now I'm getting ~20 fps, which is enough for me. BEAUTIFUL game when the textures and screen res are maxed.

problem is in SLI you CANNOT run dual monitors.

an jeeze what resolutions you running at... im sure the 8800gts could drive 2 30inch monitors in a game quite decently...

hummm im really excited for these cards to come out... i was thinking about getting a 7950.. what do ya all think? hold off and get one of them 86something's or go a head and pick up a 7950? talk to me..

also.. they dont say anything about pixle pipes whats that all about.?? or are the shaders more important?

Back