• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8350 Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whitefang

Alright, so I installed my 8350 yesterday, and it's great. I can finally record in beautiful 1080p! My only concern is the temperature readouts. I have my rig in a fairly cool room (I'm Canadian and I wear a sweater at night), but even under load from 1080p recording, I'm only seeing about 34 celsius on Speccy, and 37 celsius on CPUID Hardware Monitor. I let Prime95 run for about 5 minutes (and it's still going), and it hasn't gone above that.

Running an 8350 with a hyper 212+ with Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste. Are these temperatures normal?

could you please post a screensot of hardware monitor after the prime test so we can see it with the max temps?

My max was showing 37C when I stopped Prime (after about 5 minutes of running). Once I finish this game, I'll let it run for about 20 and post a picture then.

Need to have HWM running in background 'logging' volts and temps. Make sure we can see the "package' temp when you capture. All volts as well. Don't really need to know HDD temps.

According to the capture the CPU Temp is getitng high and the 'package' aKa Core temps are pretty low. Almost like you were using water cooling which you have not said what the heck is cooling the CPU since I see no signature. More air to the Mosfets and base of CPU will drop that temp some but you have until about 70c to let CPUTIN rise. Many are having to have a hole in motherboard tray behind the cpu and have a fan exhaust air away from rear of the CPU to the outside to bring their CPUTIN temps down.

Your Core temps look so good it is a shame the CPU (socket temp) is seeming to rise so fast.
7axib.png

I mentioned in the first post - I'm cooling this with a Hyper 212+ and Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 59.3W to the package seems mighty low almost like half the CPU is disabled.

yes it's low, you might have cool and quiet still on and that's fine at stock clocks.
you need to get some air down into the area around the cpu socket.
when you installed the cooler the airflow that blows out of the stock cooler went away from this area.
I install case side fans that blow directly into this area on all my rigs, even with the stock cooler.

I totally agree with you on the cooling Caddi.
He may get some pointers from this threadhttp://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723442
I was having some issues with my rig and got some pointers from the guys on this forum. :thup:
No mention of a type of case either. It may not have enough airflow through it .
Just for argument sake though..... If Whitefang was stress testing and hitting 1.4v on all 8 cores he should be pulling 120+ watts through that board at max load weather or not C&Q was enabled :confused:

Hey Caddi I checked a bunch of posts and it looks like this reading isn't very reliable. It seems to be all over the map.

yea, I mostly ignore it and focus on temps and clocks.
and he seems to be focused on temps also.

The only thing that bothers me is the 59W. For monitoring and stress test i like to use occt , as it gives you graphs of temps,voltage,freq, etc after it finishes. That way i find it easy to see what is going on exactly.
Airflow: did you do any kind of cable management, because the case looks good for airflow.(wish i had one)

What case/cooling setup are you using as in fan setup? As caddi mentioned seems like there is some stagnant air causing the odd temps.

Btw I live in Canada as well and I wear boxers and a tshirt at night, I love the cold, its great for overclocking :p

Back