• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 8May20: "Work Units, we have Work Units!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
dfonda has earned his first BILLION! OSUmax has earned his first 100 million! new faction64, HankB and Wirehead have each earned their first 10 million! WOOT!

I need to be quick this morning. While Michigan is still in lock-down, we are getting ready for employees to return to work. This means moving computers to desks that are farther separated. Not mentally difficult but takes time and physical strength. Neither of which I have.

Team Conquest/Threat List
[oldtable] PCMR |2.9 months | down from 3.9 months.
CERN & LHC Computing |6.5 months |down from infinity.
NVIDIA Corp |8.3 months | down from 8.5 months.
PC Games Hardware |11.7 months | down from 1.3 years.
Heise Falter |1.2 years | down from infinity. [/table]
There really isn’t much to say here. Teams have jumped in during the pandemic with some real power and that is nothing but great. When everything goes back to regular work, they will disappear. That’s fine. We’ll take what we can get when we can get it. Keep going team. We have been here for decades and we will continue to produce.

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week |168 |95th |725k.
2 weeks ago |181 | 90th | 505k.
3 weeks ago | 212|90th |751k.
4 weeks ago |219 | 83rd |600k.
5 weeks ago | 216|79th | 337k.
6 weeks ago |166 | 52nd |425k.
7 weeks ago |86 |34th |1.42 million.
8 weeks ago |68 | 28th | 1.71 million.[/table]
168 active folders. The large number of active folders is finally paying off. As more and more WUs are available, we all are able to contribute to our full capacity. Thank you to everyone who has held on and kept trying. Things are looking up.

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| HayesK | 32.12 million.
2| WhitehawkEQ | 10.55 million.
3| torin3 | 6.14 million.
4| P4EE | 5.64 million.
5| Macaholic | 4.77 million.
6| JrClocker | 4.27 million.
7| dfonda | 3.92 million.
8| TC | 3.60 million.
9| Computekinc | 3.11 million.
10| OSUmaxx | 2.79 million.
11| orion456 | 2.37 million.
12| hshtick | 2.33 million.
13| superducky | 2.10 million.
14| harlam357 | 1.98 million.
15| Frazier08 | 1.89 million.
16| ISUuNFers | 1.80 million.
17| custom90gt | 1.68 million.
18| aviationfrk | 1.45 million.
19| zspaldin | 1.31 million.
20| Travis4Sutton | 1.27 million.
21| don256us | 1.25 million.
22| JLK03F150 | 1.18 million.
23| davekusa | 1.17 million.
24| DarkWarrior | 1.11 million.
25| squads | 1.06 million.[/table]
I believe that this is a new record for us! 25 members are earning 1 million ppd or more. WOOT. Looks like Stanford is maybe catching up to the demand for WUs. I personally earned over 2 million ppd yesterday. Not enough to keep me in the top 20 though. You guys are rockin’ it.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” acknowledges the hard work done to earn these points at all levels of production.)

I don’t have the time this week to fill in all of the milestones. Needless to say, there are a LOT. The single digit million group is going like gangbusters. I don’t know what a gangbuster is but they must. Be proud of them. You done good. Thanks guys.

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is difficult. Great job guys.

[oldtable] Macaholic |#17| Moving up 1 spot.
HayesK |#22|
HayesK |#36|
WhitehawkEQ |#37|
P4EE |#61|
RamonetB |#81|
RoXQi3x |#83|
orion456 |#94| [/table]

MVP of the week!

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone else's numbers will go up as well, as you mentioned, Don, but if my production from yesterday were to hold I'd be back in the top10. WTF everyone!

Well, this week at #3 for PPD for the team was nice, but P4EE and Mac are going to bump me down to #5 today.

Also, in the next week I'll be dropping about 5 places on the worldwide stats due to the CERN team and their supercomputer accounts passing me at the speed of dark.

Good to see Team 32 is strong. Coming up from 6-mil (AlabamaCajun) it has been a long time since I was able to fold anything more than Gromacs (which now clog my TR-Beast).
Now I have enough bandwidth I can pull in GPUs and the thread-ripper for some action. Great to see Mac is blistering the covid units. Miss the old days with racks of mobos running headless but at not so fast speeds. Today we have the "Bare Metal" to just clean up units. Thanks for all your contributions.

Aaaannnnddddd it seems we've gobbled up the GPU units. Saw a drop off last night and my 1080ti is back to idle, at current.

There seems to be an ebb & flow to WU availability. This last good run for me was 3 days, now fading again.

Don, for the record. Today there are 30 at 1M+.
folding.png

All my pcs are set to "All" as well. Maybe it has something to do with hardware vintage. I'm folding on 3 GTX 970s & 1 RX 480 (1.2M avg ppd the hard way. lol), and one or two clients are currently waiting to download.

Good to see Team 32 is strong. Coming up from 6-mil (AlabamaCajun) it has been a long time since I was able to fold anything more than Gromacs (which now clog my TR-Beast).
Now I have enough bandwidth I can pull in GPUs and the thread-ripper for some action. Great to see Mac is blistering the covid units. Miss the old days with racks of mobos running headless but at not so fast speeds. Today we have the "Bare Metal" to just clean up units. Thanks for all your contributions.

Hey!! What about me? I'm #2 in the top 20 :)
Speaking of racks of headless PC's, anyone know what happened to sfu7274456?

2010-11-21_19-24-03_534.jpg

More here at Building-a-Folding-Farm

Back