• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800 Troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JBistodeau

I just built my new system (listed below) and I have been having troubles when playing games.(CS:S) When I play the game, every now and then my mouse just jumps to a spot to the right or left about 1-2 inches away. Also, i has crashed twice to a blue screen saying:
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF782C88C)
MXOFX.SYS - Address F782C88C base at F7827000 DateStamp 3e9b2dab

Beginning Dump of Physical Memory
Physical Memory Dump Complete"

Im not positive on how to install drivers either. After installing the video card, do I need to install the CD AND download, or just the driver. I am getting the update from http://www.evga.com/8800driver/.

Could you please guide me through the process of installing these updates? I think my video card problem might be linked to my installation.
Any other information would be great.Thank you very much

JBistodeau said:
I just built my new system (listed below) and I have been having troubles when playing games.(CS:S) When I play the game, every now and then my mouse just jumps to a spot to the right or left about 1-2 inches away. Also, i has crashed twice to a blue screen saying:
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF782C88C)
MXOFX.SYS - Address F782C88C base at F7827000 DateStamp 3e9b2dab

Beginning Dump of Physical Memory
Physical Memory Dump Complete"

Im not positive on how to install drivers either. After installing the video card, do I need to install the CD AND download, or just the driver. I am getting the update from http://www.evga.com/8800driver/.

Could you please guide me through the process of installing these updates? I think my video card problem might be linked to my installation.
Any other information would be great.Thank you very much

Its not an issue with the 8800. MXOFX.sys is a Maxtor's USB Mass Storage Device Driver. Just google MXOFX.sys and you will see you are not alone!

Viper

thank you! any Idea how to fix the jumping? and what is the best way to install drivers? just DL the ones from the websites or also the CD?

JBistodeau said:
thank you! any Idea how to fix the jumping? and what is the best way to install drivers? just DL the ones from the websites or also the CD?

No on that. You have the later 680i motherboard that doesn't have PS2 mouse issues (although
the original -AR MB didn't have them either when using 975 Logitech mouseware drivers).

It may be related to the MXOFX.sys issues. Fix that and the mouse may stop doing it.

BTW is that a PS2 or USB mouse??

Viper

thanks man, figured it out. It is USB but also came with a PS2 converter...I started out hooking it up with the PS2 converter...earlier today i switched it to the USB and works perfect now, thanks

JBistodeau said:
thanks man, figured it out. It is USB but also came with a PS2 converter...I started out hooking it up with the PS2 converter...earlier today i switched it to the USB and works perfect now, thanks

That is VERY ODD. The PS2 mouse jumping problem the -AR and -TR 680i motherboards had
was fixed at the hardware level on the -A1 and-T1 boards...at least on the non LT versions anyway.

Viper

Back