• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT BIOS mod...success!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deadpixel - Yes, voids the warranty.

Derman - Did you try lowering the vRAM speed and see how high you can push the core/shaders?

Is thier any point? Im running 700 core nad the corresponding shader speed with no problems.

Dermen - Did you try lowering the vRAM speed and see how high you can push the core/shaders?

I did not, maybe I'll try that tomorrow or tuesday. Artifact testing is so boring, it doesn't take long for me to quit and open up a game instead lol

Building my roommate's new gaming rig (looking for stability here) , and am getting 14,100+ with the following:

Q6600 @ 3.0
EVGA 8800GT SC @ 700/1700/950
IP35 Pro

This seems unrealistically high by comparison, anyone able to shed some light on this?

I assume that is 3DM06 and it does seem unrealistically high. A C2Q will add 1200 to 1500
points over a same clocked C2D just from the higher CPU scores the C2Q gives in 3DM06.

Viper

Building my roommate's new gaming rig (looking for stability here) , and am getting 14,100+ with the following:

Q6600 @ 3.0
EVGA 8800GT SC @ 700/1700/950
IP35 Pro

This seems unrealistically high by comparison, anyone able to shed some light on this?

Eh.. is this on XP? I am running Vista, 32Bit, and am having HUGE trouble trying to break 14K.

I've got my memory running at 1066Mhz from 800Mhz (2x2GB) and all sorts and I'm just shy of 20 points, it's ****ing me off no end.

I'm on a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz using faster speeds on my 8800GT and I am scoring lower :confused:

edit; So about 14k is the right score for a system like mine on Vista? Glad to know.

Last edited:
Vista is handicapping you when comparing to WinXP systems... maybe a few hundred points worth.

Eh.. is this on XP? I am running Vista, 32Bit, and am having HUGE trouble trying to break 14K.

I've got my memory running at 1066Mhz from 800Mhz (2x2GB) and all sorts and I'm just shy of 20 points, it's ****ing me off no end.

I'm on a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz using faster speeds on my 8800GT and I am scoring lower :confused:

edit; So about 14k is the right score for a system like mine on Vista? Glad to know.

Crank up that CPU you should beable to hit it no issues.

12742 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3732686
Thats what I get with my CPU at 3.4Ghz its a dual core and slightly older drivers but its definatly within the relm of getting there. Definatly for a quad adding another 1000-1500 points to the CPU score.

As well for anyone wondering... I went from full blown Vista 64-bit ultimate install that was 10 months old to a vlite stripped install and get basically the same results within 25points. Amazed how well Vista takes the age of the install compared to XP where I'd see a few hundred points of the same period of time.

Is thier any point? Im running 700 core nad the corresponding shader speed with no problems.

This is OC forums...yes there is a point. If you want more speed you have to take risks. Most games won't benefit much from the extra speed if you can already crank everything to the max and get 60+fps. Crysis might see some benefit if you are trying to up the settings.

This is OC forums...yes there is a point. If you want more speed you have to take risks. Most games won't benefit much from the extra speed if you can already crank everything to the max and get 60+fps. Crysis might see some benefit if you are trying to up the settings.

Well I overclocked it from 600 to 700 geesh. And I alreayd returned Crysis the game ran 20fps with my setup.

I get 90fps in COD4 whihc is the cap.

I can reach those clocks quiet easily on my setup and even more without the voltage mod. I'd test myself but im having issues with the flash portion of the bios, but from what others have said they have been successful at getting even higher clocks from this. We must just be lucky to reach such a clock on our cards with defautl voltages.

Make sure you use NVFlash 5.57, the previous versions do not recognize the 8800 GT card

Crank up that CPU you should beable to hit it no issues.

12742 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3732686
Thats what I get with my CPU at 3.4Ghz its a dual core and slightly older drivers but its definatly within the relm of getting there. Definatly for a quad adding another 1000-1500 points to the CPU score.

As well for anyone wondering... I went from full blown Vista 64-bit ultimate install that was 10 months old to a vlite stripped install and get basically the same results within 25points. Amazed how well Vista takes the age of the install compared to XP where I'd see a few hundred points of the same period of time.

I was testing on a fresh install of XP, I just setup this computer this week. I'm pretty much ashamed at the fact that I'm barely able to break 21k myself with 2gtxs and this computer I built for a friend, at a 1/3 the price of mine and for an additional 300$ and an sli board it'd have similar results.

Back