• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gt on a 250W PSU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ran system in my sig only with a GTS320 with a 250Enlight PSU for over a month, WITH 2 RAPTORS!

Never had even a glitch. Now im on a OCZ600 just because im running a Quad.

That owns haha so a 500W should be plenty for running like a e6600 + 8800 GT and 2gig ram. I hope? Well oh well. Nice though :)

I figured this would work from the first post. There was already a VERY long post, later turned into a front page article here, about a guy running an 8800GTX on a 280 watt high efficiency power supply.

I've been running the setup in my sig since May with the 8800GTS and with my older video card for almost two years. I only get problems trying to overclock my video card once the CPU is at 3.74ghz or higher. But even 3.70 and clocking my GTS up to 640core 1100 memory my little bluestorm is able to get the job done.

I would imagine I wouldn't have too much trouble running a GTX.

I can't imagine what these people using 750 and 1000 watt PSUs are trying to run...

Wasn't it an Antec EarthWatts 380w PSU?

Not some 280W integrated DELL :eek:

Shuttle's PSU are not generic. They are very high quality.

Although I wonder if it is holding you back a little....I get 13,500 in 3dmark06 and my system isnt clocked THAT much more is it?

Although I wonder if it is holding you back a little....I get 13,500 in 3dmark06 and my system isnt clocked THAT much more is it?

indeed..i wouldnt trust a cheapo psu for my life, but the shuttle one is a completely diff story...now regarding my score it seems to be up to par or a little below that which they get in my reviews..so im not sure ill be doin some testing tho to try n find out...

I'd be worried about the graphics card cooling once the case sid is back on unless you run it open all the time. Seems to me like the graphics card input fan would be very close to the case side and not get the best airflow.

Nonetheless pretty sweet little box!

Nice one d94, I don't know what I'd do with that tiny little PC of yours. I couldn't even fit my watercooling stuff in there much less the 9 fans I have running in my current case!

Nice one d94, I don't know what I'd do with that tiny little PC of yours. I couldn't even fit my watercooling stuff in there much less the 9 fans I have running in my current case!

hehe :p
yeah..my WC rig was just too big and boring for me, my next project if/when i decide to do it will be to to WC this rig internally ^^

indeed..i wouldnt trust a cheapo psu for my life, but the shuttle one is a completely diff story...now regarding my score it seems to be up to par or a little below that which they get in my reviews..so im not sure ill be doin some testing tho to try n find out...

I'm just saying it came from a DELL

:santa:

I'd like to see that, when you do decide to do it give me a ring if you need any help with it, I have a dremmel and a hacksaw.:D

Go Go Gadget Shuttle! You have the ultimate lan machine!

Would you mind closing the case and running rivatuner to check temps on the card? I've a friend w/ a shuttle that's interested, but I fear for the card...or the noise from the cooler. :D I suppose it'd be remedied by taking a dremel to the side w/ a nice nvidia fan grill, hehe.

FWIW, a buddy of mine ran his oced 6600@3600 w/ a pair of 8800GTX in SLI on an Antec 550 Neo HE. I don't remember if it got hot or not tho...

you're downloading crysis? bad, bad boy!!!

that's so neat on the 24 + 8800gt for ~$240 apiece... mr.deals!!

Not clocked that much more.. Well you do have a quad thats enough to raise the score a good 1-1.5k points easy.

I'd be worried about the graphics card cooling once the case sid is back on unless you run it open all the time. Seems to me like the graphics card input fan would be very close to the case side and not get the best airflow.

An 80MM hole with a grill on it in the side of the case where the GPU fan is at would solve that problem.

An 80MM hole with a grill on it in the side of the case where the GPU fan is at would solve that problem.

I agree... if there is no hole, not only will temps be high, but the fan may witness a lot of physical pressure on it b/c it doesn't have air to pull from... the fan's life could also lessen I would think.

Thanks very much for your bravery. ;)

Just what I have been looking for, got a Zalman TNN300 and a TNN 500 been wondering what can I do with such 350 400W PSUS, seems sky is the limit. ;)

I agree... if there is no hole, not only will temps be high, but the fan may witness a lot of physical pressure on it b/c it doesn't have air to pull from... the fan's life could also lessen I would think.

the case does have vent holes on the side :)
we'll see tho

Back