• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gt on a 250W PSU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOOT..started doin some OC'n ~ first shot @ 650/1000 ~ worked flawlessly and i saw a nice jump in points..for some reason my card is not OC'd stock, it is stock (600/900)

Attachments

• 650 oc.jpg
    650 oc.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 589
Ouch. Increase that fan speed on the GPU to like 55-65%. Its not horrible audibly and it helps cool it much better.

But otherwise start that OCing :)

I you OC your E6600 you'll see your score go above 12500 pretty quickly.

i think it is OCed, but just throttles when not under stress (if he didn't turn off C1E or w/e it's called in BIOS)... so i think he's actually...

317.8fsb x 9 = 2860mhz, rather than the 1900 or so mhz you see now. :)

yep.. 2.86ghz is my speed
welp, i ran ati tool with my case cover on ~ 97 GPU 80 for CPU..guess ill be running it with the cover off or get WC

I don't care about the max wattage on the PSU, I am interested on each rail, post them :)

Saw this post and needed a smaller pc to lug around with me for the hollidays, how is this thing working?

Excellleennttt, played cod4, crysis, cs:s ~ and day to day, not a single freeze or reset yet, i am indeed amazed :beer: and thus would highly recommend a shuttle for your application

Awsome just did my sig ordered my shuttle in the wee hours of the morning hoping the SD30 is not going to hinder me if so will return it and get the newer one.

Damn, I really want to know the eff of that thing...
If its rated at 250W with the GPU sucking around 110W and the CPU + "the rest" sucking around 130-140W (top of my head, could be wrong) the eff needs to be in the high 90's.....
Must be a combination of underrating the thing + very high eff....

Tell me, is the PSU normal sized? Any chance its a retrofitted server PSU? They are usually very good PSU's.

Damn, I really want to know the eff of that thing...
If its rated at 250W with the GPU sucking around 110W and the CPU + "the rest" sucking around 130-140W (top of my head, could be wrong) the eff needs to be in the high 90's.....
Must be a combination of underrating the thing + very high eff....

Tell me, is the PSU normal sized? Any chance its a retrofitted server PSU? They are usually very good PSU's.

its as big as this one ~ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817157006

I built my self one of these rigs too after seeing the post awsome to carry around for the hollidays, mine is a bit harder to oc than his since i have an older mobo series of the same intel chipset. But here is the link for it, it works with both the 250w psu and 300w psu no problems
My Asus EN 8800 GT is the new asus line to address the heat these cards are putting out, going to have to mod my case due to the heat sink sticking out the side, if any one is more fam with the mobo that is in mine any ocing help i could get would be awesome.

http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=5671

My case top on cpu stays at 28-37C, the system stays at 23-28c. I have modded my case cover though almost finished with it have pics on the evga mod rigs link above. Not able to oc this thing without killing the psu I think this is due to me having an older intel chipset board.

Back