• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS overclock problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darur

Hey all!

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newb to OCing video cards, so I am hopefully just doing something wrong but my new Evga 8800 GTS doesn't seem to be overclocking properly.

I followed the guide in the sticky at the top usuing RivaTuner Final. At stock speeds I was getting 8158 in 3dmark06 V1.10 just running the standard tests (SM2.0, CPU, HDR/SM3.0). I took it up from 513MHz to 519MHz and it dropped down to 8118 on the same tests. At 524MHz it was at 7949. At 531 MHz it went to 7947 and at 535MHz it was at 7897. The memory clock was stock at 792MHz.

The guide said if your scores begin dropping your pushing your card too hard, but I don't understand how it can be at its max speed if its stock? I also got no snow, artifacts or lock-ups, just dropping scores.

I'm using the drivers that came off the CD, I've heard a lot of drivers out there are buggy so I'm holding off on updating till I can find good ones (I'm hoping this is just a driver issue). The cooler on the card is stock as well.

My setup -
DFI Lanparty UT NF590 AM2
Athlon 64 X2 4600 stock at 2.4GHz
2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2
510W PC&P Turbo cool PSU

Thank you very much for any assistance in advance!

Back