• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gts undervolted?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hi guys,

i think several of you guys have read this : http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=133

now i have my core at the 648 level and my ram at 1008...now even if i downclock my ram by ALOT i still cant get passed the 662mhz bump(so it'll be 675 real mhz)

now whenever i put it to that and lets say 999mhz ram the card runs through battle of proxycon(3dmark05) flawlessly..but in firefly forest after 5 seconds i get a hard lock and have to do a hard reboot..

i think it may be getting a bit too few juice am i right? because according to rivatuner the temp never exceeds 65c load(stock cooler)

i can downclock the ram as much as i like but it wont budge :S..but when i turn it back to 648 its ok again and i can use high ram clocks :S

is this a power issue? if so is there a softmod for this card like for the 7800 series?

thanks

-Drinkyoghurt

also i dont know if this is supposed to, but everytime my card hits 70c it starts to artifact...yes only at 70c before that nothing is wrong whatsoever

artifactvh9.jpg

I can't get over 648 on my gtx. More voltage probably will help, but I believe a hard mod is needed for more (for either card).

Back