• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

890? or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Other than some useless updates that I can add with a card, what will the 8XX series chipsets offer? Will they support CPU's that the 790 wont? What? What will I be able to do with them? Higher OC? I gotta buy a new board in the very near future and want to know if it will be worth the wait.

hey they are for the new 6 core processors that are coming out but also they will work with any am3 cpu. there are upgrades to sata speed and a jump in 3d graphics. i plan on getting the gigabyte version. :)

Better onboard graphics, hex core CPU support, USB 3, SATA 3. And right now AMD is asking manufacturers to not allow core unlocking abilities. That may change though.

If you're getting a new board anyway there's no reason not to get one. 890gx will be released tomorrow anyway so it's not a terribly long wait ;)

Better onboard graphics, hex core CPU support, USB 3, SATA 3. And right now AMD is asking manufacturers to not allow core unlocking abilities. That may change though.

If you're getting a new board anyway there's no reason not to get one. 890gx will be released tomorrow anyway so it's not a terribly long wait ;)[/QUOTE

It will be a test board hooked up in this http://www.techreaction.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1663 for AM3 testing. I hate to link to another forum but that is where I do most of my stuff. When finished I will post some info here as well though. What I need is a board that wont go pop so I was thinking of holding out for an FX as they usually allow better power management. Not that the G GX or X wont do it but the manufacturers dont seem to put the extra umph into it.

Back