• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ and Kingston HyperX PC3500 will not boot above 180 bus???? And ideas?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zork

Just picked up two sticks of 256meg Kingston HyperX PC3500 and I have tried all timming settings, all voltages possible, have had my cpu running at stock speed, but this memory will not run past 180. Sometimes I can get into windows, but my machine runs like it has 8 megs or ram instead of 512, and then other times at same exact settings I get BSOD. Prime is crapping out on first test even at 185. The reason I purchased this ram is because I have heard good things about it. My 8rda+ has the newest 18D Crush chipset and the bios that came with it is Dated 03/05/03. Any help is appreciated as I am very dissapointed in the situation. My old sticks of Samsung PC2700 could run 183 just fine, and I know its not my board because I had my cpu fsb running at 220 and memory at 83% of that ~183 before with my samsung pc2700 and it ran with no issues, even past prime for over 24 hours. I have even tried the modules by themselves but still no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

maybe you have some bad ram, I would suggest you rma and change the sticks, and sorry to hear that:(

What are your memory timings? Don't know if the nForce2 boards have a memory ratio option, but if it does, have you lowered it to 1:1? Try setting your memory timings to SPD or Auto, set your multipliers as low as possible, and if you have a memory ratio option set it to 1:1, then push the FSB as high as you can. See what happens and post any problems you have.

Back