• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

900 Build Cooling Question - Eventual custom watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobModder

Registered
Case Corsair 900d
Room Temp 72-74f
GTX 1070 Temp at idle 30c
CPU 30-35c
Water Temp 27.2c

I have an H115i on a 6700k default. My temps while playing regular games go to 60c for the cpu and 40-50c for the cpu. If I play something more demanding the gpu 72-75c cpu 60-65c.

I replaced all fans with Noctuas and have 3 in front, 3 on the side, 2 on the rad and an exhaust on the back. Are these temps about as good as I can get without a full water cooled system? I dont like that they get that high when playing certain games so I'm wondering.

Seems about right... for the information given (stock on that CPU? and GPU, for example?).

I understand you don't like the temps, but please understand the temps for both are abo****ely FINE. The CPU you have until 90C (when stress testing) and the GPU is good as well.

I assume your fan configuration is front/sides = intake while top/rear = exhaust?

Seems about right... for the information given (stock on that CPU? and GPU, for example?).

I understand you don't like the temps, but please understand the temps for both are abo****ely FINE. The CPU you have until 90C (when stress testing) and the GPU is good as well.

I assume your fan configuration is front/sides = intake while top/rear = exhaust?

Yeah the cpu is stock speed as well as the gpu no overclocking done.

Fans are front sides intake and rear/top are exhaust.

When I installed the side fans I took off the panel on the other side so just the grill and the filter are there. With the fans on the left pulling air in could it be going straight through and not providing air up into the case? Might closing this off help with airflow?

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

Back