• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

960T 1600T overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisjames61

I am hardly an overclocking expert and am learning a lot here. I would like any input and advice on these screenshots.

Attachments

• hardwaremonitor.png
    hardwaremonitor.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 152
  • mainboard.png
    mainboard.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 112
  • cpu.png
    cpu.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 213
  • memory.png
    memory.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 137
  • openhardware.png
    openhardware.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 108
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    49 KB · Views: 110
  • twohoursprime95.png
    twohoursprime95.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 105
Better cooling, more vcore will get you a better overclock. It's pretty much that simple.
Couldn't get that 6th core going eh.
4 cores will increase the OC and lessen the heat.

That's pretty normal. Mine wouldn't post the 4th core. Had to use 0,1,2,3 and 5th cores, otherwise it would just hang at the splash screen.

Same with me. I was too dumb to write down which core was bad so when I moved it from an Asus board to the Gigabyte I had to identify and eliminate the bad core again.:(

Chris, my only suggestion would be to work on getting the CPU/NB frequency into the 2400-2600 range to improve memory performance. To do that you would need to bump the voltage to that component up to around 1.25-1.25 probably. Try getting the HT Link as close to the CPU/NB frequency as you can or at least not too much slower. Those CPUs don't like too much separation between the HT Link and the CPU/NB.

Aye. I can give you warp speed, but she'll not take it for long without better cooling for the Dylithium crystals. :D

What kind of cooler do you have on that thing anyway? I have mine sitting at 3.84 but I run 1.43v on it which equates to 1.5v when LLC kicks in, I could run it higher but trying to keep that cpu socket temp below 60.

Back