• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A big thank you!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldOne

I just wanted to give a big thank you to everybody that post on here for helping me decide what to buy:clap:. One of my 7 year old Raptor HDD bit the dust so I thought that now would be a great time to upgrade everything.

PCPower and cooling Silencer 750

SB 2500k

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Thermalright Venomous X - RT 120mm

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

2 of Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III for Raid 0

2 of SAPPHIRE Toxic 100312TXSR Radeon HD 6950 2GB in Crossfire

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb

I think that should hold me over for a while.

Looks good. I don't think there is any point to RAID0 the SSDs, I would just go with one. As for the HDD, I'd probably go with a 2TB drive - for $30 or $40 more, its not much extra for 4 times the storage space.

Depends on what tasks you will be executing on the drives. If you have a specific reason for raid0, then it may be worthwhile. If you just want faster, the drives are fast enough that it would be unlikely you would recognize any benefit from raid0 while your risk of array failure makes reliability considerably worse.

I will be using it for my business software, internet, and gaming. Battlefield 3 mostly.

I went with the 2500k to hold me over till Ivy Bridge comes out.

Back