• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a fan for my SP-97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

durst

I'm buying a SP-97 for my mobile 2600, Abit NF7-S.

Since I am getting the best HS (from what I've read) I want to get a great fan for it. I'm still trying to decide between the 80mm or 92mm.

But I was wondering if there is a good fan someone can recommend that is UV, or at the least has led's. I am going with a blue UV theme and dont want to throw a bland looking fan in there when all the rest are all bling bling.

Thanks

Well. I am fine buying those fans for my case, but are they still good enough (pressure, speed) for using on processor? I mean everyone else is talking about panaflo's and such. These won't be that good right?

I guess I am more interested in quiet. This is why I can't decide on the size of the fan because I can't decide which is more important because I don't want to spend all this money on a SP-97 and be dissapointed. Will there be much of a difference in cooling if I go with silence?

I've read this is a good one too http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/92smartcasefanblueled.html

Thanks for your help, I'm still a newbie but learning.

Yes, those are good fans, get the 90mm version, it should fit easially. Thermalright heatsinks tend to perform better with more powerful fans, so this way you can decide for yourself what you want. It comes with a fan controller. So get that one. I have the non-led 80mm version, and its great. If you do get it, do not attach it to a motherboard header, it may fry it, be safe use a molex.

durst said:
I guess I am more interested in quiet. This is why I can't decide on the size of the fan because I can't decide which is more important because I don't want to spend all this money on a SP-97 and be dissapointed. Will there be much of a difference in cooling if I go with silence?

Yes, if you want something that's quiet expect a 5-10C difference in temps.

I am using the Smartfan rite now. It is pretty koo but I just cant handle high-pitch ( whiney) :(. It's cold my SP-97 pretty well plus the led is nice. I tried Enermax fan and it is bad fan. There are 7-9 degrees dif between Enermax and TT ...lol. Well, I wanna try Delta one but there is no more.

To Electron Chaser:
Yes the smart fan comes with controler but I have fan controler so it is useless :).
I wanna try UFO but not sure that it can fit on the SP-97 or not. Anyway, if anyone tried it please post it up :santa2:

umm, yea I don't like squeeling fans too much.

what size is your smartfan?

Last edited:
My is 92mm with blue led.

Anyone here have extra 92mm fan no use? Wanna try out the spacer thing. :p But just cant find anything for it. hehhee

Tat, you might try a computer salvage place, to find a 92mm fan for cheap..I wouldn't give over $2.00 for the fan..:) Then chop the motor off at the frame..You may want to file the inside of the frame smooth after cutting..:D

guess people are too scared to mess with the vantec tornado? best cooling fan on the planet and guaranteed to make you lose your hearing..... :p

haha... anyone know where there is a sound bite of a vantec tornado? I wanna hear this noise everyone keeps raving about.

Back