• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A faster way of switching users?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

I only have two users, me and my girlfriend. I've already got an auto-logon at startup for my profile, but when I click switch user I have to go a long way round, is there any way to just click switch user (or an icon) and go straight to the other user profile without any more clicks needed.

Anyone know?

Don't set it for auto log in. Then log into yours and click switch user. Then log into hers. Then never turn off your computer, only use standby/sleep.

Reasoning: If both of them are "logged in" you can switch between them faster.
Sorry but this is the only way I know how to make it any faster. And this won't even help that much.

I'm not concerned about computer speed, believe it or not switching into hers from mine takes longer in the clicking than it does when her profile appears and finishes loading. It's the clicking I'm trying to circumvent.

Back