• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few Water Cooling questions, first build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horyuu

This is both my first Water Cooling build as well as my first computer build in general, so I apologize for any seemingly simple or unnecessary questions beforehand.

That aside, I am currently acquiring the parts for my build and trying to figure out water cooling for the EVGA GeForce GTX 780. The EVGA waterblock seems to be unavailable everywhere that I look, except for the one pre-installed on the card. I was trying to determine what other companies have full plate waterblocks for that particular gpu?

Also, I have been looking for the right pump and reservoir. I was first going to do a pump reservoir combo like the XSPC X20 750 V4, but recently I have seen posts that say the pump should be lower in the case.

My case will be the Cooler Master Cosmos 2. I will be cooling the CPU (AMD FX-8320 Black Edition) and GPU (EVGA GeForce GTX 780) only. I am thinking a total of 120.3 or 120.4 in terms of radiators.

Any thoughts, concerns, No don't do this-es would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I do not think a 120.4 will cut it if you plan to really push this system. the 8320 is hot

If you can do a 120.3 & a 120.2 I think it would be optimum.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30...Card_-_nVidia-GTX_780_Water_Blocks-Page1.html

Make sure to check compatibility list before you buy.

Res/Pump bay combos are harder to bleed but work

I personally like the tube/pump combos like pictured

As stated above, read the sticky's and try to get an understanding of what it is you are trying to achieve

Good luck

Attachments

• Copy 10.jpg
    Copy 10.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 36
Back