• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A first watercooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Monsoon is good too. Thats just the fittings, you might need some 45 and 90's.

Swiftech has new nice compressions too.

I'm a barb only man, no need for the others. You can see my build in the stickies. I love the rotaries though for clean routing.

Hose design looks fine.

I also forgot to note, originally when I was going to use the 1200 case for my custom loop, I noticed folks had issues with planting a triple rad in front of the case if they used the top or bottom 3 slots for res/drive bay and needed one of those to be free because it wouldn't fit a triple rad in front since most rads stick out a bit from the top and bottom. And also for the rear 120.2 spot almost every build i saw had issues fitting a 120.2 rad in there even the closed loop corsair H100. When I was using that case with my old H50 cooler (120mm rad) I had to use the bottom rear fan as the rad was sticking out a bit in the top fan area. There is a custom 200mm rad from Antec that can go up top the 200mm fan but that rad is aluminum and would be a issue if not catastrophic for your loop unless you modified a typical rad up there.

Last edited:
I also forgot to note, originally when I was going to use the 1200 case for my custom loop, I noticed folks had issues with planting a triple rad in front of the case if they used the top or bottom 3 slots for res/drive bay and needed one of those to be free because it wouldn't fit a triple rad in front since most rads stick out a bit from the top and bottom. And also for the rear 120.2 spot almost every build i saw had issues fitting a 120.2 rad in there even the closed loop corsair H100. When I was using that case with my old H50 cooler (120mm rad) I had to use the bottom rear fan as the rad was sticking out a bit in the top fan area. There is a custom 200mm rad from Antec that can go up top the 200mm fan but that rad is aluminum and would be a issue if not catastrophic for your loop unless you modified a typical rad up there.

I've got a friend who has already managed to fit a 120.3 and a 120.2 into an Antec, it's just going to require a bit of creative thinking. :D I helped him do it that time, so it can't be too hard to repeat. Time to put that dremel to use anyways.

Also, this might just be me.. But is there no way to get multi-pack barb clamps from BitsPower? I like their Luxury Tube Clamp series, but can't seem to find a multi-pack for them.

Yeah, looks like it will be cheaper for me to go with the Monsoon 6-packs since I need at least 10 fittings, might need more another day or if I break one.

I'm having trouble finding adapters though. You mentioned both fourty-five and ninety degree adapters, which I find plenty of, but I'm not sure if I'm picking out the right thing. I want G1/4 male into the block, then a female open G1/4 at the other side, both in fourty-five and ninety degree types.

45-Degree Dual Rotary BitsPower

90-Degree Dual Rotary BitsPower

I've got the right item, correct?

And lastly, lighting.. I've got UV reactive tubing and I'm eventually going to sleeve all of the cables into matching blue UV sleeves, but I'm having a really hard time finding a well-reviewed UV light. It seems that both Vizo and Logisys make terribly unreliable lights. Can anyone offer an opinion on BitsPower's?

BitsPower Dual 30cm UV Light

Look at Performance PC's options for lighting they have lots of styles/brands. They have neat LED strips too. I don't use them so I dunno whats good or bad.

Yea, thats the style of fittings I like the 90', they bend every which way. You can see lots in my build, all 90's.

Yeah, it seemed really difficult to find the right ones though, without a barb or compression included on the outside end. Is there any way to get straight black fittings to match the acetal/radiator color? The BitsPower emblem throws off the look I'm trying for.

Also, I somehow missed that you are using an XSPC RX360 in yourr current loop. Is there a reason you picked that over something like the EK Coolstream Ultimate 360?

Pick the fittings you want. You have seen all the possibilities. PPC sells em all, find cheaper. It's just fittings you'll figure it out.

My system is OLD. My PA 120.3 is a golden age old school rad, 2007ish?. I bought the XSPC rad years ago when it was on sale, sat in the closet for quiet a while before I needed it. It's a V1, not a V2.

Times change the Cool etc 360 is a nice rad, I see no problems with it.

Yor paying attention, I used to teach, nice to have someone see the depth and the ability and wish to understand. Martin I thinks tests the original PA and my XSPC rad. Have to go to his archives for it, on his web page.

Thanks dude, your going to be a good watercooler. SLOW on the build k?

Oh, this build is going to move slowly, mostly from fear... But right now I'm slowing pulling apart my rig and giving it a cleaning to rival the condition it came it. As is, I've been modeling the proposed loop in my head while trying to figure out optimum fittings and adapters. Next is to learn cable sleeving and alteration, so the watercooling is presentable.

Thanks for all the help. :D

Alright, I have a finalized list for this build and a plan of action for what's next. Unfortunately, it's about $200 higher than I'd originally budgeted for.. But without sacrificing something, I can't do it right. If anyone else has final sayings on the total build, please chime in. I'll probably be ordering parts by early next week.

Again, thanks so much for everyone who's helped so far.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping my own thread.. I forgot I was the last to comment.

Back