• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a nice little overclock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AxE

Registered
Got what I believe to be a t-bred a. The code is AXDA 2000 dut3c.

From 1.66 i've clocked to up to 1.937 @ 1.65 volts. Thats only a .05 volt increase. I have an older abit kt7a v1.3 with sdram running @ 155 fsb case 2. I can't push the ram any faster but another 5 fsb would take me to 2000 exactly.

Just wanted to encourage those with older mboards :D

With my 8500 i get 7500 3dmark 2001se points. Not bad!
I do however have a problem with adjusting multipliers. if i change it at all the system wont post. It's wierd cause it used to work fine untill one day it decided not to. Not sure if its bios update related (cant remember) but very annoying indeed. I think it happened after i cleaned the pc parts (dust removal) Any thoughts?

cheers to another successfull overclock!

Last edited:
These Tbreds are truly great chips. Good job on the overclock! I dont really have a clue on the multi's at all, but I guess you could short the bridges out, and that should work. What multi's did you use?

Do you use a shim? try taking out the cpu and puting it in again.
I had a problem similar to this and taking the cpu out worked!
It was either that or removing the shim that fixed it.

i like my B-core, but as soon as I get some good quality ram and a thermalright slk-800 I won't overclock...it won't go past 2.1GHz...o well...I have el cheapo ram and a volcano 9 hsf that isn't worth the $

I am using a shim! The t-bred's L1's are covered by the shim, but it's not the problem im sure. It's been andonzied and thus shoul dnot interfeer. I can't remember 100% but I used to use watercooling and I beleive that I removed the shim but im not 100% sure.

I use the tweakmonster shim (purple one) they sell @ highspeed pc.

Im going to try upgrading bios to the latest one, maybe that will help. I really don't feel like removing the shim though, as it won't help to increase multiplier. The max is 12.5 but there is an option for 13 or above. Im not sure what 13 and above means, does it set the multiplier to 13 or what? Max my board supports is 2100 + so i guess 13 is the max but again just 13>+ or something like that.

Anyways, im happy with 1937.

UPDATE:

Did a quick search on the pc133 infineon ram and it's tested to get to 160 fsb case 2! Rebooted, 12.5 x 160 fsb and there we go, im running @ 2ghz! :D

8000 points in 3dmark 2001se (8500 250/250). Hehe, feels like im back in "the game". THe only thing bothering me is the pci/agp speed, it's @ 40 / 80 (4x agp). You boys running these 200 fsb boards, what do you run the pci/ agp at?

I want a pci divisor of 5!

Last edited:
Back