• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A note to Jetway HA04 owners and those looking at them...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingrat

I've had a Jetway HA04-LF since about February. At first, I was running on the latest BIOS revision at the time (A04). Running my Phenom II 710, I noticed that the NB ratio would never change, even if you modified the multiplier from BIOS.

Good news - the latest BIOS version (A06) seems to have fixed this problem, though not before I replaced it with a DFI motherboard with a working NB multiplier (790FX-M2RSH). Regardless, the NB ratio seems to change as desired with the Phenom X3 8650 that I'm running in it as of right now. With the previous CPU I had in it (an X2 BE-2300), the HTT speed ran stably up to about 270 MHz, so hopefully those of you with locked-multiplier CPUs out there that can only use the HTT speed to overclock may be helped by this.

Before, I would have hesitated to recommend the HA04 to anyone using a Phenom CPU where having control over the NB ratio may be critical, but I would have no problem at all recommending it now. I'll keep tweaking and reporting any developments here. As a side note, 211 HTT was as high as it would go on my PhenTwo due to this problem; I'd be curious to re-check it at some point now.

Just figure I'd say, in case anyone has the question in the future!

Back