• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A quick game of name the block.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Really? You think I haven't read the instructions on CLR? Its designed for nickel and steel. It doesn't do a damned thing to copper corrosion. This is based on first hand experience!

And, I would take the block apart if you have the equipment. Most of the common cleaning solutions are geared for cleaning one metal at a time.

Last edited:
Really? You think I Haven't read the instructions on CLR? Its designed for nickel and steel. It doesn't do a damned thing to copper corrosion. This is based on first hand experience!

And, I would take the block apart if you have the equipment. Most of the common cleaning solutions are geared for cleaning one metal at a time.

I took al of the screws out of the bottom but it doesnt seem to want to open. Any ideas?

I would try getting an exacto knife (CAREFULLY) in the gap. If you can do that chances are there is just a lot of grip.

PS: it seems that it is sealed with RTV- at least according to a forum post elsewhere. So, I would expect the blade to get in their easy, but be a ***** to pry open.

I would try getting an exacto knife (CAREFULLY) in the gap. If you can do that chances are there is just a lot of grip.

PS: it seems that it is sealed with RTV- at least according to a forum post elsewhere. So, I would expect the blade to get in their easy, but be a ***** to pry open.

it is ok to open it yeah? I will be able to close it and it work fine?

Back