• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Simple question from a noob overclocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

calriclarc

Registered
Guys why is that my CPU Frequency differ from my system properties and cpuz?
look on the pic to see.
Untitled-1.png

But when i disable Speedstep and C1E at the BIOS they post the same frequency of 3.5ghz... why is that? and also is my system stable enough? i ran intelburn test and prime95 for an hour without erros.

Here's my voltage
Vcore = 1.28 at Load
Mem = 1.89
NB = 1.24

Procie = Q8400 @ 3.50ghz
Mobo = Foxconn P35A
Mems = Team Elite 2x2gb ddr2 800 @ 875mhz

The short answer is Windows is dumb and your system is fine. CPUz knows all, trust it. :thup:

You have some form of turbo running, when the cpu is pressed it up's its freq. when its at idle state it will drop down. Windows see's the cpu for its stock values.

i see.. umm one last question, can i consider my system stable? i've only run prime95 and intelburntest for an hour

i see.. umm one last question, can i consider my system stable? i've only run prime95 and intelburntest for an hour

Everyone has their own def of stable, mine is does the system crash doing what I do with it...say 8 hrs straight of Crysis..if not, its stable enough for me..others demand more..like 2 years of cpu burn nonstop with zero errors.... :bday:

Windows system properties has no clue what's going on. Turbo is off and it reads it 3.78 when it's runing @ 4GHz

Back