• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Wallet and Exchange to Buy Alts and Wait - Also, Missing Money!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

First, random more urgent question: I put in an exchange yesterday in Coinomi through Changelly and it "failed". My $200 in ether vanished. It's not in my ether wallet or the dogecoin wallet it was supposed to be transfered into. Where did it go? How do I get my money back? I've submitted support tickets with no help. Transaction ID: 224e69346a9ec8f41d713f20b6d2a03e6b229772b04b92d089ffbe1b79104bb5

OK, onto the main question. I've used Coinbase for some Ethereum and Bitcoin in the past but I'd like to get into altcoins more. The problem I'm running into is that no wallet + exchange has what I want.

I'm interested in simply putting $100 into the following and letting them sit while my real crypto investment is in ethereum. I've considered Exodus but got scared by security issues and their use of Securitize ID.

Polkadot
VeChain
Cardano
Maybe Nano

Help me Overclockers Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Did the money actually come out of your account? I've had a few wierd transactions where a transaction was made but there was no coin moved.

It did come out of my account but after a ticket submission, it finally went through. Ended up losing a fair bit because of the lag.

So now just need help with my second question. :)

ya, all exchanges are experiencing a flood right now so transactions can be slower.. binance just suspends deposits when this happens to avoid such cases

I can't even finish my binance account verification. It just gives me the whirly ball then fails.

I can't even finish my binance account verification. It just gives me the whirly ball then fails.

overload .. they\ve been sayin that, why I keep saying the fundamentals point to a move upwards .. too much interest

Yep just trying to get in the action again before it is impossible. Or maybe It's already too late lol

Yep just trying to get in the action again before it is impossible. Or maybe It's already too late lol

hard to say tbh .. I dont want to advise either way since Im not a financial advisor :))
but hey you could try another major exchange like gemini or bitfinex (ive used it for years, very happy myself)
btw if you're after any of the major coins, even blockfi gives you the option to buy and they're less loaded since its an investment platform after all (got a 25$ bonus referral if somethin :))

Right now I'm looking at any non stable stock or coin with a stink eye.

If I only had $500 and a choice between mining ETH or buying an unstable coin that's being played with I'd probably look hard for that 3060Ti.

If money is more disposable and your aren't risk adverse the. Maybe buying selling is the way to go. But there are so many variables.

Luckily I made it to the DOGE game earlier than most so I did ok. But I was willing to fully lose my $150 investment. It's very easy for crypto to go to zero as you sleep. My DOGE profit almost halved as I slept. But FOMO said to me leave it in in case the other side of the world pushes the coin to the moon.

Last night I bought and sold DOGE while playing games. Made $50 in about an hour or so of gaming. Less risky as I was able to see the patterns and got in and out quickly.

Right now I'm looking at any non stable stock or coin with a stink eye.

If I only had $500 and a choice between mining ETH or buying an unstable coin that's being played with I'd probably look hard for that 3060Ti.

If money is more disposable and your aren't risk adverse the. Maybe buying selling is the way to go. But there are so many variables.

Luckily I made it to the DOGE game earlier than most so I did ok. But I was willing to fully lose my $150 investment. It's very easy for crypto to go to zero as you sleep. My DOGE profit almost halved as I slept. But FOMO said to me leave it in in case the other side of the world pushes the coin to the moon.

Last night I bought and sold DOGE while playing games. Made $50 in about an hour or so of gaming. Less risky as I was able to see the patterns and got in and out quickly.

totally agree on the mining bit, I do the same, but I cant find any damn hardware around here :((

The cards are out there. You just have to put the effort in.

Twitch.tv/falcodrin

Best buy likes Tuesday mornings. Newegg used to like 7:30est/4:30pst. But now seems a little more random and they have the shuffle. I'm not interested in Zotac but they do randomly drop cards.

If you live near a Microcenter you're missing out buy not trying there.
Then there a few stores who have waiting lists. Beyond EVGA and BLT I'm not sure who else has lists in the US

The cards are out there. You just have to put the effort in.

Twitch.tv/falcodrin

Best buy likes Tuesday mornings. Newegg used to like 7:30est/4:30pst. But now seems a little more random and they have the shuffle. I'm not interested in Zotac but they do randomly drop cards.

If you live near a Microcenter you're missing out buy not trying there.
Then there a few stores who have waiting lists. Beyond EVGA and BLT I'm not sure who else has lists in the US

not for me haha, im in EU now and trust me, its ridiculously scarce or way overpriced, a 3080 is like 1300euros. .. bah

Maybe time to relocate a little further east till you hit the east coast of Asia. They probably have a good supply. :p

A buddy of mine got the 3090 but decided it's too much for his PC and is selling it. I could probably get it from him for what he paid online. You think it's worth it to use it to mine eth with my current PC (in sig)?

Still have no idea what wallet to use.

A buddy of mine got the 3090 but decided it's too much for his PC and is selling it. I could probably get it from him for what he paid online. You think it's worth it to use it to mine eth with my current PC (in sig)?

Still have no idea what wallet to use.

if you would use it for gaming too sure, for pure mining the 3090 is overkill as it is marginally more performant than a 3080 at double the price :/
for GPU comparison use this https://www.kryptex.org/en/best-gpus-for-mining

for wallets and such check my link Want The Bitcoin guide, I updated it a few days ago :)

Last edited:
I have my mining profits go straight to Gemini. Since I am taking money out constantly for mining gear and PC gear I am not holding large amounts in there.

if you would use it for gaming too sure, for pure mining the 3090 is overkill as it is marginally more performant than a 3080 at double the price :/
for GPU comparison use this https://www.kryptex.org/en/best-gpus-for-mining

for wallets and such check my link Want The Bitcoin guide, I updated it a few days ago :)

Right, but getting a 3080 is basically impossible and a 3070 is less than half the hash rate. -- What do you think the 3090 will be worth in 6 months?

Right, but getting a 3080 is basically impossible and a 3070 is less than half the hash rate. -- What do you think the 3090 will be worth in 6 months?

eh, anyone's guess
we're in a double gpu shortage too (nvidia didnt help by missing releases and shipping two boxes a month) so you know, prices arent very real

Back