• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Started: What to mine, how to mine and where to mine (UPDATED 2021)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, I have a pair of AMD cards coming and I'm wondering if there is a preference between TRM and Phoenixminer? I've been running Phoenix for a while and have gotten pretty comfortable with all the knobs and levers.

I understand TRM is optimized for AMD, but Phoenix has a lower dev fee, 1% vs 0.65%. Is TRM that much better to cover the difference?

P.S. I'm not afraid to learn a new miner but like the idea of being able to get Phoenix up running quicker.

So, I have a pair of AMD cards coming and I'm wondering if there is a preference between TRM and Phoenixminer? I've been running Phoenix for a while and have gotten pretty comfortable with all the knobs and levers.

I understand TRM is optimized for AMD, but Phoenix has a lower dev fee, 1% vs 0.65%. Is TRM that much better to cover the difference?

P.S. I'm not afraid to learn a new miner but like the idea of being able to get Phoenix up running quicker.

hmmm I was under the impression the fee was lower with TRM, not the way around, think they may have reduced it after the nicehash fiasco ..

personally I think its more of a flavor preference, I mainly use phoenix, and occasionally test TRM, but it does actually offer a lower hashrate on any card I tried, some say because TRM displays true hash vs phoenix which allegedly pumps its hash, but I think thats just people being people

Back