• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A way to see how many watts your pc is pulling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ones like Alric posted will work anywhere and handy to have around generally.

To software report on a PC, the only easy way I know how is to get a PSU that offers that functionality. An example is Corsair HXi series. They're nice PSUs but will cost a bit more than their non-reporting equivalents.

Some UPS will tell you as well (at the plug level even).

Just remember, those values are INCLUDING your PSUs efficiency. So for example if your system shows 400W at the wall and you have a 90% efficient PSU, the system is using 360W.

corsairpsu.png

Example of the reporting from my HX750i. Includes input power, output power, efficiency, and power on each voltage rail.

Edit: you don't have to use Corsair's own software either. hwinfo64 also picks up the values.

There should be a cable that comes with it that connects between the PSU and an internal USB2 header on the mobo. A problem might be if you don't have enough internal USB2 ports.

Back