• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 and LanParty UT nF3 250Gb Memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ValueHunter

1st post after a few weeks of lurking..

I am thinking about getting a LanParty UT nF3 250Gb
and an A64 (problably 3200 CH DTR).
I have read that the best overclocking with that board
occurs with a single memory stick and not with dual
memory sitcks.

I want 1GB of ram, and it seems that the single 1GB DDR
parts aren't available with ratings as high as the 512MB
parts.

2 Questions:
1) Are the 1GB single-sticks harder to OC by design?
2) Would I be better off with 2 512MB sticks instead?

Thanks for the help!

buy 2x512 sticks. the gig sticks have horrible timings
make sure that your h/s is flush with your cpu's core. on the desktop counterparts, there is an integrated heatspreader like on p4s, and it can cause temps to be a little higher than if the h/s was in direct contact with the core itself.
my friend just bought the new dfi, and is having a heat problem. the board may be reading high too. gl

KKAT said:
buy 2x512 sticks. the gig sticks have horrible timings
make sure that your h/s is flush with your cpu's core. on the desktop counterparts, there is an integrated heatspreader like on p4s, and it can cause temps to be a little higher than if the h/s was in direct contact with the core itself.
my friend just bought the new dfi, and is having a heat problem. the board may be reading high too. gl

Isnt that a well known BIOS issue with a fix already out?

billy_cat said:
Isnt that a well known BIOS issue with a fix already out?

well, the new bioses read much better than the shipped bioses, go to the link in my sig, its an archive for all the bioses for this board

GL
-Jess-

Back