• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-E Deluxe Issue.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gammite

Registered
Let me preface this by stating that I did an extensive search before deciding to start a new thread. My issue is actually a couple of years old and I am just now getting around (read: have the patience) to trying to fix it.

system specs:

a7n8x-e deluxe
2500 barton
radeon 9800 pro
1 gig corsair ram (ddr 400, 2x512)
ultra 500w power supply
various maxtor hd's

I have a a7n8x-e deluxe that worked fine for about a year. Then it started randomly rebooting. I replaced with the above power supply. Now it simply refuses to get to the windows splash screen. It is a dual boot system so when i choose which os to boot the system simply restarts.

Additionally, I can no longer access the BIOS.

i have done all that has been prescribed in my previous searches:

1. remove cmos, perform jumper reset. no go.
2. remove all hardware, boot and attempt to access bios. no go.

what is interesting here versus all of the posts that i have read is that i actually still have video as i get the asus splash screen and various other screens. I also get a green light and single beep from the mobo upon pressing the power button. many of the posts i read indicate that people lose video and have no beeps.

can anyone be of assistance with this ancient mobo. i want to get it up and running as a low end htpc.

thanks in advance.

well i have somehow managed to get back into the BIOS. But i am still having the reboot issue at the dual boot screen after I choose an os.

keep in mind i have swapped:

1. power supply
2. ram
3. video card

i have also cleared the CMOS and i am running a barebones system with all extaneous peripherals removed from the mobo.

does anyone have any additional ideas?

I'd try running prime95 from a boot cd and see how that does. If that doesn't show anything I'd check the hard drives for errors. And if that doesn't work I'd try a new mobo or cpu.

Back