• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8-6600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grizzlypaugh

Hello guys new to overclocking. I have never really overclocked I have always used the BIOS preset boosting options. I have been helping my younger brother build up his computer over the last year and a half. My current computer is older and does what i need as i do not have time for much gaming anymore. his current setup is this. His RAM is kinda mismatched but its not ideal but it works. How can we get up to 5ghz safely.

Corsair 350 mid tower two 140mm fans up front, one 140mm up top, one 120mm in the back.

Asus F2A85-M Motherboard

AMD A8-6600k 4.4ghz

Cooler master 212 EVO CPU Cooler

Corsair 650w PS

Asus GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II

20GB of RAM, one 8GB G.Skill ripjaws X 1600, two 4GB G.Skill ripjaws X Dual channel 1066, one Corsair dominator 4GB 1600.

2TB Seagate

I have used the UEFI preset overclock hear is a HWmonitor shot

Temp2_zps1a0f47c6.png

Here is CPU-Z

Untitled_zps1d330c35.png

CPU-ZCPU_zpse257d683.jpg

If i were your brother, i wouldn't try to oc my CPU on that mobo, that motherboard is ok for everyday work but not a good motherboard for overclocking, very unstable
And that CPU cooler is not good enough for 5ghz overclocking even on a top end motherboard.

If i were your brother, i wouldn't try to oc my CPU on that mobo, that motherboard is ok for everyday work but not a good motherboard for overclocking, very unstable

Thats good to know. What is a good stable board? also is it ok to us e the UEFI presets for performance?

Back