• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A88XM-Plus CSM How can I boot without the on the case button?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

I remember on older boards I could use the PS2 keyboard. Who uses PS2, anymore. Is there a trick to use an USB device?
:salute:

Make yourself a button, or pull a button out of an old case.... I've done this for the cmos jumper many times. It's soo handy!

I remember on older boards I could use the PS2 keyboard. Who uses PS2, anymore. Is there a trick to use an USB device?
:salute:

Are you talking about a reset button or a power on button? If it's a power on button, you can set that up in the BIOS in the Power Management tab of the BIOS.
I do have an old PS2 keyboard that has a Power on key on it :)

Power. Still can't find anything in "Bios".
I'll add external, big button switch. That will make it easier for her to operate.

Thanks guys.

Power. Still can't find anything in "Bios".
I'll add external, big button switch. That will make it easier for her to operate.

Thanks guys.

Each BIOS should have something like this:
Power-Man.jpg

That is how you setup a button on the keyboard to power on with.

I downloaded the manual to your MB and here is where you setup the keyboard for power on button:
Asus.jpg

Back