• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N32-SLI Deluxe settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys this was very helpful , I just got my Asus back up and running again , and I forgot most of this stuff , you guys helped me get another 150mhz out of my 3700 so now I am at 2.85Ghz

Hello to all !!!
Glad someone spotted the CPU overvolt tab, changed bios thinking it was reporting wrong volts Doaahhh ??? Running OPTY 175 @ 11*240 at stock volts two instances of prime95 running on both cores, Water cooled with 3*Heat exchangers @ 44C nice and stable runs for 24 hrs. My 2gb OCZ GTX only goes upto 256Mhz, so not much more to go, 2800 is out THERE .........then i will be happy any idea on voltage dont want to go to high ??

Some people think I'm crazy for going as high as 1.55v and others run 1.6v+ and think I'm chicken not to push it more. It's all a matter of your personal outlook. With WC I don't think 1.55v is too bad since my temps seldom exceed 40°C and never over 45°C, but it's your call and your $$$ on the line. ;)

A safe bet is 1.45v, that's what I run day-to-day but I can only clock 2.7 GHz. The SETI team is having a race this week so I'll be pushing 2.8GHz @ 1.53v all this week ... :D

I dont think I voted for sticky here (although did vote in another thread), so, QI gets my vote. Lets see this on the top page please mods.

just picked up one of these boards but don't get a post....will be getting a psu tester today as the psu is new & my other psu's are of the 20 pin variety.

oc - been following you on the asrock!!!

cuda70383 said:
just picked up one of these boards but don't get a post....will be getting a psu tester today as the psu is new & my other psu's are of the 20 pin variety.

oc - been following you on the asrock!!!
Good for you. The Asrock board has the 146 Opteron and wife uses that PC. Believe it or not I miss Asrock board. But this asus board seams can OC higher w/ less vcore and get prime stable in higher oc's.
The 20 pins will work too and you can buy an adaptor to change it over to 24 pins. plug in a molex into the ez plug even if you dont have 2 vid cards. it helps boost the motherboard wattage.
Press "Insert" key during boot up will force bios to boot. then press "F2" to go into bios and make changes. Follow QuietIce instruction to give you a head start and then do whatever changes needed.
I recommend fresh winxp instal and "F6" key to install stat drivers.
The SiL silicone image mode should be enabled if running in sata2 mode.
Otherwise the HDD will be in IDE (ATA speed) mode.
You can install the sata2 driver after winxp installation by going to hardware manager and installing it. the downloaded driver has instruction for both method. You have to make a floppy first and the Asus installation program (after unzipped the download) will make a floppy disk w/ the sata drivers.
it's kind of screwy though when you press "asus setup" and a window appears w/ "A" floppy you just click on it and will run the disk copy of the sata driver. took me couple of tries before realizing it's working.

This is to be a sticky now per a convo with SSS:

Immortal_Hero said:
Silversinksam said:
Looks like a lot of people are asking for it to be stuck, I'll forward this info to the mod of that area as I'm not Mr AMD :santa2:

If he ignores you PM me in 24 hours and I'll sticky it. :)

Immortal_Hero said:
I would like this thread to be considered for a sticky. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=468038
I know I own this board and it is a life saver. It would make it much less searching for those of us who own this board! Thanks SSS. Sorry if I sent to this to the wrong mod... I seem to hit you up first and I figure you will let me know if I am wrong.

Cool, thanks SSS!

Guys got a question on this puppy. Do any of you experience stability issues when using the overvolt vcore option? I was @ 1.4v went to 1.2 and enabled overvolt. CPU-z said 1.4v but it was not stable where before @ 1.4 it was... I need more than 1.4v but I am having stability issues...

What I've found is the vCore tends to run 1.42-1.45 regardless of the VID setting. Because of that lack of control I've used the Overvolt Vcore option almost from day one with no problems. With Overvolt [Enabled] the voltages are very predictable at VID +0.200v.

I do experience a 0.02v drop per core at full load but once it drops the voltage is very steady. From what I've seen a lot of boards including some of the DFI's do this ...

Last edited:
Well 1.4v is doing it for me now so I won't bother with the overvolt guy. I have had problems with overvolt options on other boards...

FID/VID Change Locked Out. Help!

FID/VID Change: When set to [Manual] the Processor Frequency Multiplier and Processor Voltage (VID) settings become available.

FID/VID Change Locked Out. Why? How to fix?

Thanks.

AMD Cool 'N Quiet Configuration (CnQ): While testing your system for over-clocking you should [Disable] CnQ.

FID/VID Change: ... ...
Note: Both of these settings are disabled when using CnQ BUT CnQ appears to use them for it's maximum setting.

Cool 'N Quiet is [Enabled] ...?

Last edited:
Great Thread!

upgraded an old A8N-E to A8N32-SLI this weekend and have been looking for a thread like this!

Really impressed with this board!

Because actually reading the manual would be just wrong

Thought everyone had abandoned the old-timers like us :)

Long Live 939!

Back