• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N32-SLI Deluxe settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey been overclocking lately and seem to of came accross an issue that i remember having months ago in my oc'ing phase,
when my computer is running normal after a boot with an OC ill test it with superpi 32m, i know its not much but its something
then ill go to RESTART for another round, and the comp just remains on and wont load anything, just a no singal error from my lcd, which means i have to hold down the power button

anyone have a fix or explanation of this?

i have bios 1303

That's been talked about extensively over at XS. Some people seem to think it's a RAM/memory controller issue. I raised the vCore on mine 0.05 above 2xPrime95 stable and got rid of the problem but for me it wasn't worth the extra heat to leave it there ...

yea ive basically covered all my tracks for possible issues and i hoped it wasnt just me
what are you pumpin out for vcore?

i want to raise it up but ive never destroyed a chip, prime 95 ran 8 minutes until an error with 1.55, stock was like 1.48, i pushed it up to 1.57 right now and ill see if prime95 is any different

just to let you know i dont care at all about my chip it costs $40 now, all i dont want happening is any other part going, would like 1.7 on air cooling ruin other parts of my computer?

i got rid of my watercooling a couple months ago, i might go back if i get new blocks, but im getting better results with air atm

im running the 166 ratio with it so its somewhat slow

idle is 30-31 c, load 42, though its winter...

ive found a single mention of the "warm boot" problem is there an official topic?

Last edited:
I'd say you're pushing the vCore as it is - 1.55 was my limit and I'm running water.

No official topic just for the warm boot issue that I'm aware of either here or at XS. Over there they have a general A8N32 thread where all the complaints, compliments, and updates about the board are posted ...

imo, we need a thread that encompasses all aspects of this board
then pm an admin to sticky it
like including
all bios options
easy 1,2,3 oc just for this version, highly detailed
bios section, that lists new versions and changes
and possibly a record section that show what people are using the board with(cpu, ram, cooling)
someone would also have to keep the thread clean of questions, make a sub topic for that, and keep the thread strait with screenshots and pictures

I'm willing to add more to the BIOS stuff but I thought I'd covered everything having to do with OCing? I even included the one non-obvious setting, the RAID stuff. I've also tried to keep the original 5 info posts up to date as I run across issues both here and over at XS but I'm open to specific suggestions.

A 1,2,3 OC guide is already available in the stickies and linked above. Getting any more specific is nearly impossible with all the other hardware options available (CPU, RAM, cooling, etc).

Having an update for the BIOS versions is fine by me - anyone willing to post that info is more than welcome to do so. If someone starts a post for updated BIOS info I'll certainly edit the first post to include a link to the BIOS post so people won't have to search around for it.

A record of who is using what would probably work out better in another thread devoted to that. The first post could include a quick run-down with similar hardware options listed together followed by the individual posts of systems. Hmmm, I'll think about that - it might be interesting. I could also add a link to it in the first post of this thread.

Keeping the thread "clean" isn't going to happen - just take a look at the other stickies ... :)

Outstanding job QI. Really helpful. Pity it hasn't made sticky status. Guess soon-to-be dead tech just doesn't rate...

ok im puzzled, i set vcore at 1.375, bios reads a 1.408v...
1.4 is what i want so i had to play with the settings a little, but now i want full 8 phase power so when i enable over volt should i drop the vcore all the way to 1.175 or leave it a little higher? or should i just not be a sissy?

Over-volt + a 1.175 VID should give you ~1.375vCore. You should always use the minimum voltage required for a given OC so I'd go with a VID of 1.175 first and raise it if needed ...

Don't be afraid to push higher volts, thats what the 8 phase design is all about. The only way to get over 1.42 is to use the overvoltage feature.

apparently not with this processor, i remember that limit with my venice but i believe i could go all the way up to 1.475 or so

ok just tried it, cpuz reads 1.175, then spikes to 1.408 occasionally... does that .ini file in the download fix this?
for some reason cpuz now likes to crash my computer when i go snooping in its folder then try to run it

Last edited:
i have my opteron 185 at 1.3 voltage..in the bios monitor it puts it at 1.344,a flucuation rarly..i use the overvolt on a vcore of 1.100,it booted ok..but next reboot just hung..i monitored it in the bios monitor,with overvolt it flucuated alot and often,but i thought enabling overvolt would enable the 8 phase power and not flucuate as much,but anyway,i got it back at 1.3 without overvolt..reports 1.344 in bios temp monitor,and 1.36 in everest,i guess that will be safe for stock setup...

I must admit my own experience with Overvolt is above 1.35v, not below, and a couple of others have reported the same thing. It's very possible since there's no extra power required (AUTO yields ~1.4v) that Overvolt does nothing except cause problems below stock volts. This evening I'll try to amend the top post about vCore to reflect this.

Thanks for your input ...! :thup:

Hi ,
i face some problems and i need any possible help..

On my system (see sig) when i turn it on after the night over for example it runs fine...i listen to the single beep and windows load without problem...
Then if i restart....problem...no beep no signal on the monitor...i must press the reset button 2-3 times to restart again and post...so the reset doesnt work always as well...or i must take the psu cable out for some minutes,then it runs fine again until the next restart....

Ive tried until now..
first bring clocks to default..reset 2-3 times,i made the trick also with the reverse of the battery...change the ram to the blue slots..downdrade to 1303 bios from 1405...problem remains the same...is the mobo rma ready???
The system was running fine for monthes...

Any ideas would be very helpfull..

Back