• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V Deluxe lockup problems..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MegaJeff

Hello, new here.

First off I'll get to the main problem, I bought my new system recently and everything was running GREAT up until after the Windows XP install. I started to install HL2 when it locked up and reset on me. I rebooted fine and tried again...a little while longer and it locked up again. I get these lock ups all the time now, espi after a cold boot when I come home from work. So I decided to trouble shoot. I tested the Ram, Hard drive, power supply everything. Last but not least I replaced the videocard from my new BFG 6600 GT to my old G4 4200 TI. That was the trick, the computer runs fine now with no resets or lock ups.

So my problem is how do I get this new card I have working on this mobo? Here are my system specs.

AMD 64 3000+
512 Ram (in the third slot from the CPU)
Geforce 6600 GTS BFG
Asus A8V Deluxe
80 gig Seagate HD 8mb, IDE
Bios Version 1007

<<Note: On a few lock ups and reboots I would get a system error that said CPU overclocking failed, also when I put ram into different dimms I got that same message only this time a lovely voice mocked me>>

My video card is running on the same IRQ as VIA OHCI Compliant IEE Host Controller if that means anything.

Any ideas? I am at my wits end here.

PS: I did all the basic stuff like change drivers for the BFG card before removing it.

:bang head

MJ,

First try updating your BIOS to 1009. That seems to be the most stable. Are you O/C'ing? If so make sure have set the AGP/PCI lock 66/33. The overclocking has failed message is typical on this board. Hit the key to enter setup and then F10 to continue.

Back