• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V deluxe new bios 1011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveatlanta

I have just entered the world of AMD. My Intel P4 bit the dust and the price performance of the socket 939 AMD 64 was too compelling. It's been fun reading the great information available here.

Bios 1011 was posted April 20. Asus A8V deluxe bios downloads

Details state:
"1. Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
2. Fix Cool & quiet problem under Win2000"

New CPU support says it now supports Rev. E of Sempron and Athlon 64 CPU. I subscribe to the philosophy "If it ain't broke don't fix it", but is there a good reason other than cpu support to update? Also what happened to Bios 1010? I know there was a beta version in the works.

Steve

Hello guys and Welcome to the Forums!!!

We can expect a slew of new BIOS'es once the Rev E cores actually hit the market. Going by ASUS's track record, this BIOS will soon be revised. The new CPU support the readme refers to are with regards to Venice and San Diego.

It works great on my sys, but can't figure out how to run at 1T Command Rate. It seems your stuck with 2T.

I use the 1011.005 beta here on my setup and it works well. Not sure about winnies or venices, or other cores but my fx53 does well with this beta.

My A8V Deluxe WiFi (rev 2.0) came with 1010.003 beta, which is running just fine here. 1011 is good and stable but I've recently read reports of it being stuck on 2T command since early betas, final seems no different.
You can find almost all the bios releases for the A8V Dlx here.

Back