• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35-Pro Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well surf just on my past experince with the L2 stepping and the ab9-pro. im gonna say its going to work since my ab9 never got a offical bios supporting the E4300's till a month later. yet the E4300 ran just fine and oc well too.

worst case is the system doesnt boot up with the G0 in, if people though on XS say it works with the current bios then go for it.

Hmm, I think my board is going back for an RMA... Here's my problem: The first two memory slots are dead (blue and black). The board will not post with any combination of sticks if there is any ram in the first two slots.

Does it sound like the first two slots are dead? It works fine with both sticks in the last two slots, but I want dual channel, so...

David_N said:
Hmm, I think my board is going back for an RMA... Here's my problem: The first two memory slots are dead (blue and black). The board will not post with any combination of sticks if there is any ram in the first two slots.

Does it sound like the first two slots are dead? It works fine with both sticks in the last two slots, but I want dual channel, so...
have you tested those slots with only one stick in each?

David_N said:
Yup, both sticks of memory are 8+ hour memtest86+ stable in slots 3 and 4. I'm going to see about getting an RMA...
sorry i meant trying just each stick by it self in slot 1/2.

I know, I have tried them in every possible configuration. If there is any memory in slots 1 or 2, it won't POST whether it be with one stick in either slot or both in the first two, or even one in either of the first two and the other in 3 or 4. I have sent an RMA request because I have found more incidents similar to mine that were resolved by RMA.

Where are you having problems. I believe you need to set the controller to do raid in bios and then hit that ctrl-I to get into that initial set up.

Right... my question.. whats cpuvtt for??

I am looking at some of your results and your volts seem a lot higher than mine.

Best so far is Orthos 8 hours with:

vCore 1.5 (bios) (1.45 vDroop @ load via uGuru)
vDDR 2.2
MCH 1.41
cpuvtt (whatever is stock - havent touched it)
GTLwhatever (never touched it)

Running 480x8 for 3.84GHz and 1:1 on ram. I actually left the divider on default 1:1.2 when I tried this setting at first. My rig fired up at DDR2 1153 and got all the way to desktop before a lockup. I was pretty impressed..lol.

Currently im an hour into Orthos at 485x8 for 3.88GHz and I have all the same settings as above. Temp is about spot on 50c.

*EDIT* Wanted to add, I have had MUCH better OC results using the x8 multi than the x9. Food for thought.

Last edited:
To be honest i dont know what the VTT does i just know if you set it higher it lets you access different mch voltage options. 485x8 is that with the E6850 in your sig?

Surfrider77 said:
Right... my question.. whats cpuvtt for??

I am looking at some of your results and your volts seem a lot higher than mine.

Best so far is Orthos 8 hours with:

vCore 1.5 (bios) (1.45 vDroop @ load via uGuru)
vDDR 2.2
MCH 1.41
cpuvtt (whatever is stock - havent touched it)
GTLwhatever (never touched it)

Running 480x8 for 3.84GHz and 1:1 on ram. I actually left the divider on default 1:1.2 when I tried this setting at first. My rig fired up at DDR2 1153 and got all the way to desktop before a lockup. I was pretty impressed..lol.

Currently im an hour into Orthos at 485x8 for 3.88GHz and I have all the same settings as above. Temp is about spot on 50c.

*EDIT* Wanted to add, I have had MUCH better OC results using the x8 multi than the x9. Food for thought.
who has higher settings then you?

cpuVTT = FSB term voltage
GTL % is for getting the quads to oc better, upping the volts on dual cores doesnt affect them at all.

Albaholic said:
To be honest i dont know what the VTT does i just know if you set it higher it lets you access different mch voltage options. 485x8 is that with the E6850 in your sig?

Yes, this is with my E6850.

Reading up on VTT to do with FSB yes. It would explain why I am having probs breaking 1000MHz. I have backed my ram timing back down to 5-5-5-12 so I can focus on FSB and CPU only for now. I want to squeeze 4.0GHz 24/7 and I need a lot of tweaking with MCH and VTT. Such a pain and I have no idea which is making more difference. Long Orthos testing between every setting doesnt help. =/

Does anyone know about boot strappings on this board? Will running >500FSB in bios give me a performance hit, as I have read on some other motherboards?

Also, does anyone have any references for overclocks what MCH I should be looking at? I have been using this thread as a guide: http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4182

I find his MCH (northbridge) miles above mine. For 3.8GHz he is listing 1.55, which I think is cooking... where mine is 8 hour Orthos stable at only 1.41

Anyone else care to share? Again, I am aiming for 4.0GHz but I would like to know what I should be shooting for on my MCH volts so I know its not that holding me back vs vCore.

Last edited:
Surfrider77 said:
Does anyone know about boot strappings on this board? Will running >500FSB in bios give me a performance hit, as I have read on some other motherboards?

Also, does anyone have any references for overclocks what MCH I should be looking at? I have been using this thread as a guide: http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4182

I find his MCH (northbridge) miles above mine. For 3.8GHz he is listing 1.55, which I think is cooking... where mine is 8 hour Orthos stable at only 1.41

Anyone else care to share? Again, I am aiming for 4.0GHz but I would like to know what I should be shooting for on my MCH volts so I know its not that holding me back vs vCore.
for testing ocs i like to run in 1.5-1.55 range then after finding what the cpu can do i back down the mch volts.

till abit gives us a bios to choose the fsb strap its pretty much at the will of the board. meaning that if you do use 500fsb you are taking the hit with the 1333fsb strap.

another thing when your ocing also up the CPUVTT a touch every so often when the cpu is getting flaky and add cpu-v doesnt do anything.

Evilsizer said:
for testing ocs i like to run in 1.5-1.55 range then after finding what the cpu can do i back down the mch volts.

till abit gives us a bios to choose the fsb strap its pretty much at the will of the board. meaning that if you do use 500fsb you are taking the hit with the 1333fsb strap.

another thing when your ocing also up the CPUVTT a touch every so often when the cpu is getting flaky and add cpu-v doesnt do anything.

So, >500 FSB will invoke the 1333fsb strap? This was my question. If so, I can leave it at 499 and go for tweaking ram timings / subtimings for better performance, right?

I figured out cpuVTT last night. I wish I did a couple days ago when I was really struggling to get 3.9GHz. I bumped up cpuVTT last night and was easily able to lower the multi for higher FSB and get a solid 3.9GHz. (488x8) Ran overnight 8 hours Orthos stable.

Again, I should go for 3.992GHz (499x8) for better performance? Or do you think 4.05GHz+ (450x9) would be better?

Last edited:
Surfrider77 said:
So, >500 FSB will invoke the 1333fsb strap? This was my question. If so, I can leave it at 499 and go for tweaking ram timings / subtimings for better performance, right?

I figured out cpuVTT last night. I wish I did a couple days ago when I was really struggling to get 3.9GHz. I bumped up cpuVTT last night and was easily able to lower the multi for higher FSB and get a solid 3.9GHz. (488x8) Ran overnight 8 hours Orthos stable.

Again, I should go for 3.992GHz (499x8) for better performance? Or do you think 4.05GHz+ (450x9) would be better?
yea stay below 500 atm.... i would take to lower fsb for the faster cpu speed but that is personaly prefence. the faster fsb would be better but if you can use a higher CPU to RAM ratio go for that IMO.

Last question... what do you guys think is max voltage you would comfortably pump into these things 24/7. As I get near 4.0GHz, it seems the vCore is going up rather steeply for stability. I am probably looking at needing 1.58 or more vCore to get this Orthos stable.

Just seems like alot, as I have never pumped this much voltage into a chip before. On the other hand, my temps are fantastic considering the volts and clock freq. My load temps are around 50-52c.

PS> Thanks for the help Evilsizer.

Those Pi times are really weird. I have a P5B-D and i run it at 3.52 and get 14.742 pi times. I am looking for a new board now as i need to build a rig for my wife to use and was going to give her my current rig. This board was one of my options, but seems to have many quirks. I am even considering an EVGA sli board for its clocking options. I have noticed through my own testing that FSB isn't the end all to good performance. The 680i may not hit high fsb, but they clock well. I am considering the DS3R as well. So many boards, so little time. Evil - if you had to would you get this board agian out of all the others regardless of price or would you have made a different choice?

Back