• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Kt600 ..... Doh!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sonny said:
Supposedly
  • Ratio (FSB:AGP:pCI): 3:2:1 | 4:2:1 | 5:2:1 | 6:2:1
  • Multiplier Factor: X5 - X22.5
  • AGP Voltage: 1.50V - 1.65V
  • DDR Voltage: 2.50V - 2.80V
  • NB Core Voltage: 2.55V - 2.95V
  • CPU Core Voltgae: from 1.100V - 2.325V

I think the VMem is wrong though, they probably have either a 2.85V or 3.250V max.

Such a high NB voltage! Is it made on 0.25-0.35 process or what?

I really dont know what size they are but I like the idea of adjustable voltage.

The thing that interests me is that the storage controllers arent on the same bus as the other PCI components;

kt600_blkdiagram.jpg
KT400_BlockDiagram_L.jpg

If this is true then data corruption because of high PCI Bus speeds will be a thing of the past, atleast one of the more popular causes of it. This would also mean no more gains with an overclocked PCI Bus, which I actually like. Another upside to this would be that people with RAID setups will not be sharing their bandwidth with other devices & can mean increased performance.

The more I take a look at the chipset diagram the more I see how the KV7 is designed to be a bare bones setup. I am glad they chose to do this but the choice of which features to remove is what I dont agree with. I would have taken the onboard audio out & retained 4 IDE Ports but still have the SATA RAID Ports.

Anyways the most interesting part to me is how the chipset has been designed, VIA has had problems with its PCI latencies & their answer seems to be to take out the relevant problems components off of it which hopefully is a good thing.

Back