• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to finish h20 setup, did i leave anything out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Ok well i just bought a few things off hte classified section here. Eheim 1250, single 120mm fan rad, DD RBX copper cpu block, 2 extra 120mm fans, 1/2" tubing, T & Y fittings.

I already modded the rad and pump in my case, still waiting for the fans and cpu block to come in. Just went to the auto parts store and got some Distilled water and 1/2" hose clamps.

I am hoping that's all i need, i am keeping my GPU air cooled for now since i don't have the room in my case because i had to mount the pump under my video card.

Should i go out and get Water Wetter, or (i think) VW antifreeze? Is it needed or just something to help drop temps more? Is it OK to run just the distilled water and maybe some UV dye? Let me know! :)

You might need some thermal grease if you don't have any already :)

Don't get Water Wetter...it doesn't work very well. You do need something to prevent corrosion though...and that's what the antifreeze does. You can use any brand you like in a ~5% - 10% mixture with your distilled water (I believe that's about 1 cup of antifreeze for a gallon of water). Then you can throw in some UV dye at your desire :)

Ok well i got some antifreeze in my car (not in the engine :p ), guess i'll put a little bit of that in there ;)

I got a question about antifreeze, could you put 100% antifreeze in your loop? Or is it better to have it in there with distilled water? I dont mean to take your thread, but since this is kind of the topic I might as well ask. Thanks.

Antifreeze is alot thicker then water. Running straight antifreeze would be very restrictive and raise temps. Same reason why cars run a 50/50 ratio of water/antifreeze.

Back