• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to pay for new build, WOULD LIKE SERIOUS INPUT B4 I do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OH ok, well I always planned on whenever I was going to add the two video cards to buy a high quality case and PSU but that's all I can afford for now. Plus I don't think it will be a problem especially just running with dedicated graphics and no graphics cards right now.

You've got enough wattage there for some low-end SLI setups even.

Don't worry Jason, there is no need for the "best of the best" PSU. It makes ZERO difference to performance, as long as it powers the computer properly.

Don't worry Jason, there is no need for the "best of the best" PSU. It makes ZERO difference to performance, as long as it powers the computer properly.

As long as you don't get one that's complete junk, though.

Glad to see you got things straightened out. That PSU will be plenty of juice for a single card setup, and probably an SLI setup as long as the cards don't need 6pin connections.

I'd happily put two single 6 pin or 8 pin gpus on that psu... I'd happily put 2 7850s or 760s on it in fact.

I'd happily put two single 6 pin or 8 pin gpus on that psu... I'd happily put 2 7850s or 760s on it in fact.

I only said that because that PSU doesn't have 4x 6(+2) pin connections, not that the PSU couldn't handle it. Maybe there are adapters though, I don't know.

Back