• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC AF12025 PWM 120mm Case Fan to Sys_Fan1 Connector on a Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JayFx2

Registered
Hi, I got two Arctic cooling 12025 PWM 120mm fans that I want to use as my outtake fans, but all the fan connector are taken up on my mobo which is Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H and the only left connector is my Sys_Fan1 which is a 4 pin and when I try connecting the PWM which is also a 4pin to the sys_Fan1 it does not spin. It gives a jump but does not spin at all. I can't figure how to make it work. Am I doing something wrong here? anyone know, much appreciated. Also i am not sure what the other wire is for on the case fans and that i don't know where else to connect them since my CPU_Fan, SYs_Fan2, and PWR_fan are used up.

The Sys_Fan1 header generally has control options in the Bios "PC Health" section. If so, try disabling smartfan (or whatever they call it on that board) for the system fan (or whatever it's called), and see what happens.

The fourth wire is for PWM control, you can plug four wire fans into three wire headers and vice versa without issue.

Back