• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accidentally pressed clear CMOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaigaming

Hello, i have a maximus formula vi motherboard, but when i was fixing the antenna for wifi i accidentally pressed the clear CMOS button on the back while the computer was on. It made a loud screech sound and then computer restarted. Luckily it booted up normal and now i'm paranoid. Should i be worrying about anything?

did you have any overclock settings saved?

if not then you have nothing to worry about all it did was set everything to stock

if so you'll have to re overclock

and if you have a post speaker that was probably what you heard

I didn't install the AC 97, but maybe the board came with the post speaker. Hopefully none of my components were damaged :)

The worst that might happen I think is you could scramble the BIOS. If it gets glitchy you may want to re-flash it.

Hello, i have a maximus formula vi motherboard, but when i was fixing the antenna for wifi i accidentally pressed the clear CMOS button on the back while the computer was on. It made a loud screech sound and then computer restarted. Luckily it booted up normal and now i'm paranoid. Should i be worrying about anything?
Nope. All it did was reset the bios to factory settings. If you changed something, change it back. :)

Thank you, i was just afraid of the motherboard damaging other components. :)

Back